Jun 13, 2012, 2:40 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
The Nationals try to complete a sweep today at Rogers Centre.
In their seven-plus seasons in D.C., the Nationals have never gone 6-0 on a road trip. The way things are going in 2012, this probably won't be the last time they have an opportunity to do something they've never done before.
If you're going to try to pull off your second straight sweep on the road, might as well send your ace to the mound. Yep, Stephen Strasburg gets the nod, looking to improve his record to 8-1 and the team's record to 11-2 when he starts. He'll be opposed by young Kyle Drabek, the Blue Jays' key acquisition from the Phillies in the Roy Halladay trade several years back who to this point is an unimpressive 8-14 with a 5.26 ERA in 29 career starts.
One key change to the Nationals' lineup for this afternoon's getaway matinee at Rogers Centre: Adam LaRoche is not starting for the first time since May 7 (when he missed four games with an oblique strain). So Tyler Moore makes his first career start at first base in LaRoche's place.
Enjoy the game and the conversation as the Nats try to finish off a perfect road trip…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at TORONTO BLUE JAYS
Where: Rogers Centre
Gametime: 12:37 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 178
Weather: Sunny, 65 degrees, Wind 12 mph in from LF
LF Steve Lombardozzi
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
DH Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Errors cost Nationals in ugly loss to Cardinals
- The Baseball Show: How can Strasburg turn it around?
- Bryce Harper travels through time in new ad (VIDEO)
- Williams faces first real test as Nationals manager
- Nats' defensive mistakes add up in loss to Cardinals
- Nats lose 8-0 to Cardinals on Wainwright's two-hitter
- Span scores three runs for Hagerstown in minor league rehab game
- Doug Fister pitches in Viera, timetable for return set
- Bryce Harper back in Nats’ lineup to face Cardinals
- Nats return home to face Wainwright, Cardinals