Jun 13, 2012, 2:40 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
The Nationals try to complete a sweep today at Rogers Centre.
In their seven-plus seasons in D.C., the Nationals have never gone 6-0 on a road trip. The way things are going in 2012, this probably won't be the last time they have an opportunity to do something they've never done before.
If you're going to try to pull off your second straight sweep on the road, might as well send your ace to the mound. Yep, Stephen Strasburg gets the nod, looking to improve his record to 8-1 and the team's record to 11-2 when he starts. He'll be opposed by young Kyle Drabek, the Blue Jays' key acquisition from the Phillies in the Roy Halladay trade several years back who to this point is an unimpressive 8-14 with a 5.26 ERA in 29 career starts.
One key change to the Nationals' lineup for this afternoon's getaway matinee at Rogers Centre: Adam LaRoche is not starting for the first time since May 7 (when he missed four games with an oblique strain). So Tyler Moore makes his first career start at first base in LaRoche's place.
Enjoy the game and the conversation as the Nats try to finish off a perfect road trip…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at TORONTO BLUE JAYS
Where: Rogers Centre
Gametime: 12:37 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 178
Weather: Sunny, 65 degrees, Wind 12 mph in from LF
LF Steve Lombardozzi
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
DH Michael Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Giants at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Michael Morse returns to Nationals Park for 1st time since 2012
- Nats go for 11 straight with longtime enemy Hudson on mound
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats are on fire
- Remembering the Nats' last 10-game win streak
- Baseball in the District - Nats prospect Taylor Hill
- Nats' Williams takes reprieve on Babe Ruth impression
- With help from his alter ego, Span again sparks Nats to win
- Gonzalez, Nats win pitchers duel on another walk-off
- Nats' Zimmerman takes significant step in recovery
- Nationals aim for team record 10th straight win vs. D-Backs