Jun 15, 2012, 10:45 PM EST
Giolito was at Nationals Park today getting a grand tour of the facility from owner Mark Lerner and general manager Mike Rizzo, hanging out on the field during batting practice and otherwise getting to experience what life could be like as a major leaguer in Washington.
It didn't hurt that Giolito's weekend in D.C. happens to coincide with the Yankees also in town for perhaps the biggest series the Nationals have hosted in eight years.
The 17-year-old right-hander, selected 16th overall in the country 10 days ago, has until July 13 to either sign with the Nationals or electRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Roark makes emergency start vs. Astros
- Fister scratched from start with elbow inflammation
- Doug Flutie took batting practice at Nats spring training (VIDEO)
- Marlins complain about Red Sox spring lineup, get apology
- Dr. Jobe's impact on baseball was immeasurable
- Zimmermann throws three scoreless in Nats' 3-2 loss
- Zimmermann squares off with Braves again
- 2014 Washington Nationals fantasy baseball preview
- Phillies Cole Hamels suffers setback, April looks doubtful
- Projecting Nats' roster midway through spring