Jun 15, 2012, 10:45 PM EST
Giolito was at Nationals Park today getting a grand tour of the facility from owner Mark Lerner and general manager Mike Rizzo, hanging out on the field during batting practice and otherwise getting to experience what life could be like as a major leaguer in Washington.
It didn't hurt that Giolito's weekend in D.C. happens to coincide with the Yankees also in town for perhaps the biggest series the Nationals have hosted in eight years.
The 17-year-old right-hander, selected 16th overall in the country 10 days ago, has until July 13 to either sign with the Nationals or electRead more »
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera
- Nationals react to Detwiler and LaRoche leaving this offseason