Jun 15, 2012, 10:45 PM EDT
Giolito was at Nationals Park today getting a grand tour of the facility from owner Mark Lerner and general manager Mike Rizzo, hanging out on the field during batting practice and otherwise getting to experience what life could be like as a major leaguer in Washington.
It didn't hurt that Giolito's weekend in D.C. happens to coincide with the Yankees also in town for perhaps the biggest series the Nationals have hosted in eight years.
The 17-year-old right-hander, selected 16th overall in the country 10 days ago, has until July 13 to either sign with the Nationals or electRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats, Mets begin weekend series with first place on the line
- MLB Power Rankings: Hamels, Price, Tulo all get traded
- A formula that could work wonders for Nats
- Nats ride strong pitching to shutout win
- Scherzer on mound as Nats try to take series
- Papelbon aiming for saves record, hopes to co-exist with Storen
- On Harper's blasts and Nats' new-look pen
- Report: Phillies trade Cole Hamels to AL West team
- Mets SS cries on field after learning of trade that didn't happen
- Harper homers twice into upper deck, Nats beat Marlins 7-2