Jun 16, 2012, 3:38 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Ian Desmond went 1-for-4 with a throwing error last night.
Updated at 11:48 a.m.
At 11:15 a.m., Nationals manager Davey Johnson made it sound like Ian Desmond wouldn't be able to play today — and perhaps for several days — due to a potential oblique strain.
Thirty minutes later, after some work with the team's physical therapist, Desmond showed up in the Nationals' lineup against the Yankees after all.
"He's got a little nagging injury and, again, it's another one of those side injuries," Johnson said before announcing the lineup. "So if he's not in there, it's because he couldn't get loose."
Johnson said he first learned of the issue following last night's game. Desmond went 1-for-4 and also committed a throwing error after fielding Derek Jeter's seventh-inning grounder deep in the hole atRead more »
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats roster preview: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bryce Harper has tickets to the Super Bowl
- 2015 outlook: Detroit Tigers
- MLB's Manfred: Montreal has helped case for return of baseball
- Nats roster preview: Yunel Escobar
- Final thoughts on the Max Scherzer signing
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- How big of a haul could the Nats get for trading Stephen Strasburg?
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts