Jun 16, 2012, 3:38 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Ian Desmond went 1-for-4 with a throwing error last night.
Updated at 11:48 a.m.
At 11:15 a.m., Nationals manager Davey Johnson made it sound like Ian Desmond wouldn't be able to play today — and perhaps for several days — due to a potential oblique strain.
Thirty minutes later, after some work with the team's physical therapist, Desmond showed up in the Nationals' lineup against the Yankees after all.
"He's got a little nagging injury and, again, it's another one of those side injuries," Johnson said before announcing the lineup. "So if he's not in there, it's because he couldn't get loose."
Johnson said he first learned of the issue following last night's game. Desmond went 1-for-4 and also committed a throwing error after fielding Derek Jeter's seventh-inning grounder deep in the hole atRead more »
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Stephen Strasburg surrenders six in loss to Miami
- Braves fan trolls Nats with Wikipedia page entry (PHOTO)
- Strasburg looks to make it two in a row vs. Marlins
- Around the NL East: Braves rolling, Marlins reeling
- Orioles billboard spotted along D.C. line
- Driesell, Kolzig headline 2014 DC Sports Hall of Fame class
- Jordan Zimmermann goes seven in Nationals win over Miami
- Nationals' bench continues strong start in win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats look to stop losing streak
- State of the Nats: Moving on after the sweep