Jun 16, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jordan Zimmermann faces Andy Pettitte in today's game at Nationals Park.
It took Davey Johnson awhile to post his lineup this morning, a product of some uncertainty about Ian Desmond's status. Turns out Desmond's potentially injured oblique isn't serious enough to keep him from playing today. Adam LaRoche, on the other hand, was a bit of a surprise scratch.
We didn't get a chance to ask Johnson about LaRoche during our pregame briefing, but the hunch is that Johnson simply wanted to give Tyler Moore a chance to start three days after he clubbed the first two home runs of his career in Toronto. And with left-hander Andy Pettitte on the mound for the Yankees, why not give Moore that opportunity today?
Jordan Zimmermann, meanwhile, will face a New York lineup that is without Alex Rodriguez, with manager Joe Girardi giving his star third baseman a day off. All of the other Yankee regulars are in there.
Lots of updates to come throughout the game, so please check back often…
NEW YORK YANKEES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv, MLB Network (outside D.C. market)
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 176
Weather: Sunny, 79 degrees, Wind 7 mph in from CF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'
- Nationals need to make 40-man roster decisions