Jun 20, 2012, 9:15 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Ross Detwiler tossed 3 2/3 innings of hitless relief last night.
One night after watching Chien-Ming Wang labor through another start while Ross Detwiler dominated out of the bullpen, Nationals manager Davey Johnson has decided to have the two pitchers swap roles again.
Detwiler will return to the Nationals' rotation and start Sunday's game in Baltimore, with Wang returning to a long reliever's role as the club tries to get the veteran right-hander back on track.
The decision was made in the wake of Tuesday night's game, which saw Wang last only 3 1/3 inning and allow five runs on seven hits and three walks, then saw Detwiler retire 11 of the 12 batters he faced out of the bullpen.
"If you had compared [Detwiler's] performance last night with his last two outings, it's a totally different pitcher," Johnson said. "He wasRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- New Nats veteran reliever reports to minor league affiliate
- Nats' reliever Casey Janssen ready for big step in rehab
- Werth sidelined again with "cranky" shoulder
- Strasburg hopes chiropractor can fix shoulder
- Aaron Barrett joins STL to discuss Nats recent success
- Bullpen holds after Strasburg's early exit, but Nats fall
- PHOTOS: RG3 attends Nationals-Marlins Tuesday
- Nationals preview adorable Pet Day calendar
- Nats are building momentum off of each win
- Still finding his groove, Werth gets night off