Jun 24, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Ross Detwiler tries to pitch the Nats to a series victory at Camden Yards.
BALTIMORE — How much is Ryan Zimmerman's right shoulder affecting his ability to play for the Nationals? Apparently not enough to warrant a day off right now.
Yes, Zimmerman is back in Davey Johnson's lineup for today's series finale against the Orioles, back at third base and in the No. 3 spot in the batting order. This despite a .218 average, .590 OPS and last night's admission that he may need a cortisone shot and another DL stint at some point.
Ross Detwiler, meanwhile, makes his return to the rotation today after spending the last three weeks in the bullpen. The left-hander believes he's built his arm strength up enough to approach 100 pitches if needed, but we'll see how far Johnson lets him go.
It's another beautiful day for baseball. Plenty of updates to come…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at BALTIMORE ORIOLES
Where: Camden Yards
Gametime: 1:35 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MASN2, CH. 50, MLB.tv
Radio: WWXT (92.7 FM), WWXX (94.3 FM), WJFK (106.7 FM), WTEM (980 AM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 178
Weather: Partly cloudy, 91 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to LF
LF Steve Lombardozzi
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Knee injury concerns go next level for Anthony Rendon
- Nats sign veteran outfielder recently cut by Marlins
- Nats trade lefty reliever to Mets for veteran outfielder
- Storen leaves game with blister on big toe
- Jordan gets chance to face Cardinals
- Report: Mets strill trying to trade veteran starter
- Nats trade veteran catcher to Red Sox
- Observations from Sunday's 11-7 win in Viera
- Rizzo not looking for outside help despite injuries
- Reliever Janssen needs MRI on shoulder