Jun 24, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Ross Detwiler tries to pitch the Nats to a series victory at Camden Yards.
BALTIMORE — How much is Ryan Zimmerman's right shoulder affecting his ability to play for the Nationals? Apparently not enough to warrant a day off right now.
Yes, Zimmerman is back in Davey Johnson's lineup for today's series finale against the Orioles, back at third base and in the No. 3 spot in the batting order. This despite a .218 average, .590 OPS and last night's admission that he may need a cortisone shot and another DL stint at some point.
Ross Detwiler, meanwhile, makes his return to the rotation today after spending the last three weeks in the bullpen. The left-hander believes he's built his arm strength up enough to approach 100 pitches if needed, but we'll see how far Johnson lets him go.
It's another beautiful day for baseball. Plenty of updates to come…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at BALTIMORE ORIOLES
Where: Camden Yards
Gametime: 1:35 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MASN2, CH. 50, MLB.tv
Radio: WWXT (92.7 FM), WWXX (94.3 FM), WJFK (106.7 FM), WTEM (980 AM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 178
Weather: Partly cloudy, 91 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to LF
LF Steve Lombardozzi
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Still no answer for Strasburg's woes
- Strasburg rocked again during ugly 8-1 loss to Phillies
- Roark ready for Monday start in Chicago
- Strasburg tries to keep Nats rolling vs. Phillies
- Pitch, hit and run: Scherzer does it all in win
- Nats 2, Phillies 1: Harper homers, Scherzer dominates
- Roark will return to Nats' rotation with Fister out
- Scherzer tries to beat Phillies again
- Nats activate Janssen to make 2015 debut, send Solis to DL
- MLB Power Rankings: Marlins falling, Phillies rising