Jun 25, 2012, 8:39 PM EST
DeRosa, 37, will be in uniform and available for tonight’s series opener against the Rockies at Coors Field. The corner infielder/outfielder’s return appeared imminent in recent days, even though he produced just one hit in 11 at-bats during a four-game rehab assignment with Class A Potomac.
DeRosa had been out since late-April due to a left oblique strain. He was hitting just .081 (3-for-37) before landing on the DL.
Nady’s wrist injury wasn’t previously known, but the 33-year-old outfielder was struggling at the plate, hitting .157 with three homers and six RBI in 40 games mostly off the bench.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Ian Desmond discusses team expectations and future with Nats
- Eventful BP for Harper, update on Werth in Tuesday's workout
- Desmond, Rendon like what they see from Zimmerman at 1B
- Scherzer to start exhibition opener vs. Mets
- Bryce Harper does a pretty epic videobomb on Anthony Rendon
- ESPN throws shade on Nats' jerseys, calling them among worst in MLB
- On the cusp of majors, Taylor bides his time
- Mets pitcher really, really does not like defensive shifts
- Dodgers sign former Phillies free agent bust
- Nats sign son of MLB legend to minor-league deal