Jun 27, 2012, 9:58 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
Jordan Zimmermann hopes to get plenty of run support tonight at Coors Field.
After a record-setting offensive performance last night, do the Nationals enter tonight's game with any positive momentum? Well, the old baseball adage insists that "momentum is only as good as tomorrow's starting pitcher." So who are tonight's starting pitchers?
For the Nationals, it's Jordan Zimmermann, owner of a 2.89 ERA and 12 quality starts in 14 tries this season. And for the Rockies, it's Edwar Cabrera, 24-year-old left-hander making his big-league debut after 15 starts at Class AA. We shall see how that matchup works out.
Couple of changes to Davey Johnson's lineup: Adam LaRoche (who clubbed two homers last night) gets the day off. Tyler Moore will move to first base, with Mark DeRosa starting in left field. Jhonatan Solano gets the nod behind the plate. Marco Scutaro, meanwhile, is back in Colorado's lineup two nights after getting drilled in the head by a Stephen Strasburg fastball.
As you know, I'm not in Denver for this series, but I'll try to chime in with some thoughts along the way. And as always, the comments section is open for business…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at COLORADO ROCKIES
Where: Coors Field
Gametime: 8:40 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 188
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 84 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to CF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Michael Morse
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers
- Ian Desmond ranks highly among shortstops, according to ESPN
- Gio Gonzalez faces Mets in Viera
- Harper sidelined as Nats' injuries continue to mount
- Who should Nats' tab as Rendon's fill-in?
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Mark Zuckerman & Marc Carig
- Scherzer dominates Cardinals' "A" lineup
- Harper on criticism, hopes for 2015: 'I want to do damage'