Jun 27, 2012, 9:58 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
Jordan Zimmermann hopes to get plenty of run support tonight at Coors Field.
After a record-setting offensive performance last night, do the Nationals enter tonight's game with any positive momentum? Well, the old baseball adage insists that "momentum is only as good as tomorrow's starting pitcher." So who are tonight's starting pitchers?
For the Nationals, it's Jordan Zimmermann, owner of a 2.89 ERA and 12 quality starts in 14 tries this season. And for the Rockies, it's Edwar Cabrera, 24-year-old left-hander making his big-league debut after 15 starts at Class AA. We shall see how that matchup works out.
Couple of changes to Davey Johnson's lineup: Adam LaRoche (who clubbed two homers last night) gets the day off. Tyler Moore will move to first base, with Mark DeRosa starting in left field. Jhonatan Solano gets the nod behind the plate. Marco Scutaro, meanwhile, is back in Colorado's lineup two nights after getting drilled in the head by a Stephen Strasburg fastball.
As you know, I'm not in Denver for this series, but I'll try to chime in with some thoughts along the way. And as always, the comments section is open for business…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at COLORADO ROCKIES
Where: Coors Field
Gametime: 8:40 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 188
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 84 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to CF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster review: Tanner Roark
- Span will return to Nats, LaRoche & Soriano won't
- Trio of Nationals players become free agents
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent