Game 74: Nats at Rockies

Jun 28, 2012, 5:32 PM EDT

US Presswire file photo
The Nats try to win three in a row at Coors Field this afternoon.

Having thoroughly decimated the Rockies' MLB-worst pitching staff over the last two night, the Nationals today try to do it once again. And once again, they'll be facing a struggling left-hander in Josh Outman, whose name sounds a bit ironic given his 8.64 ERA entering play today.

Adam LaRoche is back after taking a day off, but red-hot Tyler Moore remains in the Nationals' lineup, shifting back to left field. Jesus Flores is back behind the plate after getting last night off.

Edwin Jackson takes the mound, looking to keep his ERA under 3.00 and to give himself a winning record for the season and for his career (he's 64-64 at the moment).

As has been the case the last three days, I'll chime in with some thoughts along the way. And since it's a day game, I'll post some instant analysis as soon as it ends as well. Enjoy the matinee…

WASHINGTON NATIONALS at COLORADO ROCKIES
Where: Coors Field
Gametime: 3:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 188
Weather: Partly cloudy, 92 degrees, Wind 7 mph out to LF

2B Danny Espinosa
CF Bryce Harper
RF Michael Morse

1. Soul Possession, My Hitterish Sofa - Jun 29, 2012 at 1:55 AM

in fairness, they owed Jax an off-the-hook night. He may have deserved this one, but there have been others he deserved better treatment, so there's that.

2. Soul Possession, My Hitterish Sofa - Jun 29, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Oh, and among several small personal wins today, I got the Shaw Tavern to switch the soccer game over to the Nats. So there's that. fwiw.

3. Soul Possession, My Hitterish Sofa - Jun 29, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Livo in for the Braves…this could get interesting.

4. Soul Possession, My Hitterish Sofa - Jun 29, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Kimbrel hacks up a hairball to Chris Young! 3-2, Snakes. The Barvs announcers felt Young was a little too impressed with his own prowess, on that one. We'll see.

5. Soul Possession, My Hitterish Sofa - Jun 29, 2012 at 2:24 AM

FWIW, the Barves announcers don't think much of the strike zone tonight. Sore losers? Maybe. The Nats go up 3.5 as they go into the weekend series. Not bad for a bunch of hopeless bums who can't possibly sustain anything, just cuz.Keep them napkins, folks, you're gonna want 'em handy.

6. Soul Possession, My Hitterish Sofa - Jun 29, 2012 at 2:25 AM

And no, I don't think we've had 500 before.Yay, us.

7. realdealnats - Jun 29, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Confidence creates its own reality. We'll be tired, but I think we take the series in Atlanta. The bats have awoke. 500. Say good night Gracie…

8. Faraz Shaikh - Jun 29, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Congratulations you won, Sofa.

9. Soul Possession, My Hitterish Sofa - Jun 29, 2012 at 3:24 AM

Thenkyou. Thenkyouverrymuch.

10. natsfan1a - Jun 29, 2012 at 10:19 AM

sec3 wins the interwebz.

11. Scooter - Jun 29, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Nice work, Sec3. Picking up the record, Pete Rose style.