Jul 1, 2012, 2:57 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats face the Braves one more time at overheated Turner Field.
ATLANTA — The good news: It's a bit cooler today in Atlanta than it was yesterday when the city's all-time record high temperature of 106 degrees was set. The bad news: "Cooler" in this case is a whopping five degrees. It's still expected to be 101 degrees when Tim Hudson takes the mound at 1:35 p.m.
Like Stephen Strasburg, Gio Gonzalez has been preparing for this for several days, knowing what the conditions were going to be like here. The Miami native hopes to fare better than his San Diegan teammate did.
By the time this game begins, Strasburg, Gonzalez, Ian Desmond, Bryce Harper and Tyler Clippard will know whether they've been named to this year's All-Star team. It should be a cool scene inside the clubhouse as multiple players learn their fates. Check back for a full report on that, and please check back for game updates throughout…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at ATLANTA BRAVES
Where: Turner Field
Gametime: 1:35 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, Ch. 50, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
Weather: Partly cloudy, 101 degrees, Wind 3 mph out to RF
2B Steve Lombardozzi
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats sign 1st significant Latin prospect in years
- Around the NL East: Phillies hire MacPhail to help rebuild effort
- Nats lineup goes silent in loss to Braves
- Fister's rough inning leads to Nats' 4-1 loss to Braves
- New President makes Nationals race debut
- Las Vegas really likes the Nationals in October
- Nats Stock Watch: Rotation continuing to dominate
- Nats cruise to 9th straight win over Braves
- Zimmermann sharp as Nationals beat Braves again, 6-1
- Rested Nats open series in Atlanta