Game 78: Giants at Nats

Jul 3, 2012, 8:12 PM EDT

Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jordan Zimmermann faces Tim Lincecum tonight at Nationals Park.

It's a sizzling late afternoon in July in the nation's capital, and it'll be a little warmer than usual when Jordan Zimmermann takes the mound for the start of tonight's game against the Giants, with a rare 6:35 p.m. first pitch. The Nationals did this to give everyone a few extra minutes of sleep tonight before we reconvene early tomorrow morning for the really rare, 11:05 a.m. Independence Day game. (A sign in the clubhouse today said batting practice begins at 6 a.m. I think it was a joke, though I'm not positive about that.)

This series features some great pitching matchups, starting with tonight's showdown between Zimmermann (who actually boasts the best ERA in the Nats' rotation, better than All-Stars Stephen Strasburg or Gio Gonzalez) and Tim Lincecum. The two-time NL Cy Young Award winner is having a baffling season, as evidenced by his 3-8 record and 5.60 ERA. But he is coming off a fantastic outing against the Dodgers — seven scoreless innings — so the old Timmy may be back.

I'll have some rehab updates on Drew Storen, Henry Rodriguez, Chad Tracy and Xavier Nady shortly, as well as the latest on Bryce Harper's chances to make the All-Star team. In the meantime, check back here for game updates later on…

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 6:35 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 188
Weather: Partly cloudy, 95 degrees, Wind 5 mph in from CF

LF Steve Lombardozzi
CF Bryce Harper
RF Michael Morse

1. CN - Jul 3, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Desmond is 7 for 9 lifetime against Lincecum…Lincecum is 1-2 lifetime vs Nats w/ 4.14 ERA…Zmann is 2-1 vs SF w/ 3.60 ERA…Interestingly, Giants have a better offense this yr, while the Nats have better pitching.

2. NatsJack in Florida - Jul 3, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Timmy's "fabulous" outing was against the anemic Dodgers. Let's see how he does today.

3. Grandstander - Jul 3, 2012 at 8:26 PM

After it looked like he was finally putting it together, Espi has seriously cooled off, slashing .186/.222/.233 over the course of the road trip without drawing a single walk. Hopefully a few games at home and 4 days rest can cure what ails him.

4. baseballswami - Jul 3, 2012 at 8:27 PM

So apparently the Phoolies players want to keep their team together and want to prove it to the organization. They could start by sweeping the Mets before they cool off again. Anyone watching mlb? They just showed the Solano brother smacking a double off the wall in Miller Park. It'll be interesting for the Solano family if Miami starts fighting us for the top spot. As for the Nats and the Giants — go Jordan, go!!!!! GYFNG!!!!!

5. baseballswami - Jul 3, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Grandstander – Espi is the achilles heel in the line up right now. Even the backup catcher has shown some pop. Maybe some Lombo at second and Moore in left?

6. Knoxville Nat - Jul 3, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Looks like the "regular" LH hitting lineup tonight but I really would have liked to see Tyler Moore in LF and Lombo at second base. Would have been interesting to see Moore against Lincecum.

7. natsfan1a - Jul 3, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Go, J-Zim! Go, NATS BATS!!

8. Frediemac - Jul 3, 2012 at 8:52 PM

WOW 2 LEFT FIELDERS! VERY INTERESTING!

9. 17 - Jul 3, 2012 at 9:07 PM

10. hiramhover - Jul 3, 2012 at 9:08 PM

It's a sizzling late July afternoon …Alas, it's this hot and only the 3d of July. As for Timmeh: his peripherals are a lot better than his ERA–don't count him out.

11. Frediemac - Jul 3, 2012 at 9:09 PM

I see the Nats have equalled the Road Victory Total for 2008all season of 25 wins on the Road next is 26 in 2009, then 28 wins in 2010.

12. Old Wino - Jul 3, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Should be a great duel tonight. Keep the bats alive Nats!

13. MicheleS - Jul 3, 2012 at 9:12 PM

GO NATS! !! GO JZ!!!!

14. Secret wasian man - Jul 3, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Time to beat "Long haired freaky people)

15. Frediemac - Jul 3, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Why do my post keep getting removed? Is something wrong? GYFNG!!!!!

16. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 3, 2012 at 9:21 PM

"With two LF in our defense (and no RF) it looks like we are really expecting SF to pull the ball on JZimm tonight."That's the San Francisco shift. "The only town in America where they cheer Khruschev and boo Willie Mays."

17. baseballswami - Jul 3, 2012 at 9:28 PM

17 – they aren't going to pull the ball because they are not going to be able to make contact. Go Jordan!

18. Section 222 - Jul 3, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Not going to make it out there tonight, but I really enjoyed watching The Freak last year, and beating him. The starter for us that night was Jason Marquis, and he pitched a 5 hit, complete game shutout! Maybe his best start ever in a Nationals uniform. Hoping that JZnn comes up big tonight.

19. Mark Zuckerman - Jul 3, 2012 at 9:32 PM

OK, so obviously the Nats aren't playing with two left fielders tonight. Lombardozzi is in left with Morse in right.And I realize my wording was a bit confusing when I referred to this being a sizzling late July afternoon in the nation's capital. Yes, it's only July 3. I meant it's a sizzling late afternoon in July.Sigh, I think all these triple-digit temperature days have caused damage to my brain.

20. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 3, 2012 at 9:34 PM

S'ok, Mark; just stay away from hyphens in adverbs for compound modifiers you'll be fine.

21. baseballswami - Jul 3, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Every time I read some kind of interview with Bryce I shake my head. When asked what he would be doing if he was not a baseball player? Firefighter. So he is looking for all the easy jobs….

22. baseballswami - Jul 3, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Jones just named to replace Kemp on the all star team. Now we vote Bryce in with absolutely no guilt.

23. RickH - Jul 3, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Sofa … "SF shift." Already in the running for post of the day.

24. Section 222 - Jul 3, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Livo just caught a Corey Hart homerun in the bullpen in Milwaukee. Funny stuff.

25. natsfan1a - Jul 3, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Dude always did field his position well. :-)

26. djinFl. - Jul 3, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Now Brew-Crew 9 Marlins 2

27. Fear and Ignorance - Jul 3, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Brewers keep winning and Greinke isn't going anywhere. They might actually have a better team than I previously thought. Solid lineup with an MVP candidate and the league leader in extra base hits to go along with a decent pitching staff. They could make a real run at the playoffs.

28. Section 222 - Jul 3, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Aack. The Super PACs have invaded the MASN Nats broadcast. Is nothing sacred?

29. Section 222 - Jul 3, 2012 at 11:00 PM

A "hustle" double by Sandoval. Yeah, and a lack of hustle by Morse certainly contributed. But FP won't point that out of course.

30. Eugene in Oregon - Jul 3, 2012 at 11:01 PM

All set to watch the game, but had forgotten that Oregon is considered to be within San Francisco's 'sphere of influence' (at least by MLB.tv) and thus the game is blacked out. Oh well, at least the WJFK radio team is worth listening to…

31. JD - Jul 3, 2012 at 11:08 PM

fear,The Brewers are 5 games under .500 7 games out of 1st and 6 games out of a wild card. In which universe are they making a run?

32. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jul 3, 2012 at 11:10 PM

JZim throwing some heat 92 on the 2 seam and 94 to 95 on the four seamer.

33. Faraz Shaikh - Jul 3, 2012 at 11:10 PM

LOL sorry to hear that Eugene. That's messed up.Anyways good job JZ.

34. Will - Jul 3, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Steve, it really brings a whole new meaning to "throwing some heat". Zimm seems to be throwing the temperature.

35. Faraz Shaikh - Jul 3, 2012 at 11:23 PM

OMG!!

36. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 3, 2012 at 11:23 PM

The Brewers are 5 games under .500 7 games out of 1st and 6 games out of a wild card. In which universe are they making a run?I always suggest winning as many as you've lost before you start talking playoffs, but in this case, it's not even the fourth of july yet, and that second wild card is going to change a lot of strategies for the next year or so.

37. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jul 3, 2012 at 11:24 PM

JZim should make the All Star game as the 2nd best hitting pitcher (best is Strasburg).

38. Fear and Ignorance - Jul 3, 2012 at 11:25 PM

JD-How original!!! Another know-it-all baseball fan who runs his mouth illustrating just how little he really does know. I said they "could" make a real run at the playoffs…and they "could." Didn't they make the playoffs last year??? Thought so. The Brewers are a decent team who will have the chance to beat up on the Astros and Cubs 19 times the rest of the year. Throw in 6 against the Rockies and Padres also. Do you honestly believe that a team that is now 5 1/2 games out of the wild card has no shot. You really are blind if that is the case.

39. Faraz Shaikh - Jul 3, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Marlins are trying to come back, 9-11 for them. Make it 10-11.Anyway, thanks to JZ Nats lead by 2-0.

40. NatsJack in Florida - Jul 3, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Bob Melvin said last week that he wasn't taking calls on Greinke until a week after the All Star break. At 7 games out and with series against St.Louis and Cincinatti after the All Star break, he wanted to see how things stood at that time.

41. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 3, 2012 at 11:35 PM

JD-How original!!! Another know-it-all baseball fan who runs his mouth illustrating just how little he really does know.Well, I'm convinced. Can't argue with logic like that.You really can't, you know.

42. Faraz Shaikh - Jul 3, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Which other team has five pitchers having at least one RBI?

43. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 3, 2012 at 11:39 PM

OOOh, Ankiel would have been camped under that drive by LaRoche, and I'm pretty sure Harper would have had it. Give this team's D some credit.

44. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 3, 2012 at 11:40 PM

ALL*STAR Ian*Desmond, ladies and gentlemen!!

45. Section 222 - Jul 3, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Now that's some production from the middle of our lineup!

46. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jul 3, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Ownage!!!! Desi 9-11 against Timmy Slim Jim!

47. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 3, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Wow, nice jump for Danny on that steal, full speed at two steps.

48. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 3, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Well, it worked the first time, let's go again!

49. NatsFan05 - Jul 3, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I think Danny wants to be a All Star too…

50. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 3, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Bob: "He hit it so hard, it didn't have time to hook foul."What??

51. UnkyD - Jul 3, 2012 at 11:53 PM

It's good to have a .281 hitting SS, on a pace for 30 or so taters, to bat in the 6-hole….right? (He's an All-Star!)May I be permitted a random "WOOOOHOOOOO!!!"?

52. Section 222 - Jul 3, 2012 at 11:59 PM

I guess the Cubs "could" make a run too. As "could" the Rockies. The Brewers aren't in that category, but it's not like they've been unlucky. They made the playoffs last year with Fielder in the lineup, and Gallardo having a much better year. They don't seem too likely to challenge for the NL Central title, or the wild cards, but yes, it "could" happen. Anyway, wasn't it the Brewers who suggested that Greinke could be traded?

53. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Yeah, but there was only one wild card last year. If they get close to .500, and that's a big IF right now, but if, then can they really bail on the season?

54. UnkyD - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Yeah… And I love giving the BP a workout, in the first of three…;-)

55. UnkyD - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:08 AM

(mikey morse, hacks the gorseBEAST MODEBEAST MODEmikey morse, hacks the gorseBEAST MODEBEAST MODEmikey morse, hacks the gorseBEAST MODEBEAST MODE)

56. MicheleS - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:08 AM

At wolf trap. Please post updates.

57. MicheleS - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Darn it! I missed Gorse Hacking!

58. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Which other team has five pitchers having at least one RBI?Couldn't find one, FS. Several with four, though.

59. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Michele, Mark is feeling sad for Tim Lincecum losing it. As a lifelong Giants fan, I gotta say, uhhh, no. Lombo walked, Harper doubled, Zimm walked, Morse singed to center on 0-2, Nats lead 7-0, Zimm to third. LaRoche sac fly plenty deep to left, Zim scores, 8-0 Nats.

60. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Did we notice Dontrelle Willis retired? Lincecum is a ways from that, still. Desmond K's looking. 8-0 after 4.

61. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Wow, that was a Ponce play. Zimm buries one on an easy throw to LaRoche. E-5.

62. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:25 AM

And a pair of clean singles loads the base for the Giants with no outs, for Blanco.Wakey-wakey!!

63. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Broken bat single over Espinosa, 2 runs score, 8-2 now, still no outs.Coach McCatty is more or less politely inquiring of Jordan WTF he thinks he's doing with this nice lead he's been given.

64. UnkyD - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Zimm…? Zimm…? 'Sup…?!

65. Fear and Ignorance - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:28 AM

I am starting to have flashbacks of the Cubs game last year.

66. NatsFan05 - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Wow, If JZim could ever get over the 5th inning blues, look out…

67. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:29 AM

68. Faraz Shaikh - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Sofa, I found one so far. DBacks have five starting pitchers with exactly one rbi each.http://www.baseball-reference.com/play-index/split_stats_team.cgi?full=1&params=defp%7Cas%20P%7Cari%7C2012%7Cbat%7CAB%7CWill look for others.JZ escapes without further damage.

69. JaneB - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I think Lincecum must be injured. No way he just forgets how to pitch. I remember the days when my stomach hurt most of the time I watched our games. I like these days better.

70. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:41 AM

I was looking here, did I miss that?

71. NatsFan05 - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Go Milwaukee! 13-12 win…I like it!

72. Fear and Ignorance - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Heath Bell serves up the walk-off 2-Run HR to Aramis Ramirez…with a 1 run lead. Every little bit helps.

73. Faraz Shaikh - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:42 AM

brilliant, brewers walk-off 13-12 and make livan a winner.

74. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:43 AM

YES! Livo.

75. NatsFan05 - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Viva La Liva!

76. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I think Lincecum must be injured. No way he just forgets how to pitch.I remember the days when my stomach hurt most of the time I watched our games. I like these days better.Jane, agreed on both counts.

77. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:45 AM

La Liva??

78. NatsFan05 - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:47 AM

ok..livo, but just didn't fit.

79. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:48 AM

"Vivo Livo"?

80. UnkyD - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:48 AM

6 innings, 93 pitches, 70 for strikes… Attaboy!!!How's his stuff looking, Sofa?

81. Faraz Shaikh - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:50 AM

sofa, it should be the same. I do see all five guys from Arizona on that list with at least one RBIs.Mets are also, so are the reds and houston and brewers. I think I am gonna stop. Apparently we are not in such an exclusive club as I thought we would be.

82. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:50 AM

He is announcing his presence with authority, Unky.

83. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Brandon Belt at first for the Giants. Shouldn't we have that guy?

84. Faraz Shaikh - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Very surprised to see Bochy take out his best hitters.

85. MicheleS - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Umm Update please? ??

86. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Michele, Mark is doing updates above.

87. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:56 AM

FS, 11:00 start tomorrow, which is 8 am Pacific Time. Bochy is playing now for tomorrow.And who is going to Duffy's tomorrow?

88. Faraz Shaikh - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Raining now.Would be a great way to get our first complete game I guess.

89. MicheleS - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Thanks. I figured that eith all the runs mark eas put pf the press box

90. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Not raining here in Shaw, but it's raining at the ballpark pretty good, with more on the way.

91. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 4, 2012 at 12:58 AM

and here comes the tarp.

92. Faraz Shaikh - Jul 4, 2012 at 1:04 AM

oops second cg. how could I forget two-hitter by ejax and I was even there.

93. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 4, 2012 at 1:04 AM

So, as long as we're on indefinite rain delay–Duffy's. DC. Near the Green Line. Who's there tomorrow, 11:00 start?

94. UnkyD - Jul 4, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Duffy's sounds Great!!! But I'll be on East Rutherford, plating a poolside gig… The best part? As per local tradition, I get to read The Declaration, after the second set!!!

95. MicheleS - Jul 4, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Its raining @Wolf trap

96. Section 222 - Jul 4, 2012 at 1:12 AM

I am starting to have flashbacks of the Cubs game last year.The difference is that in that game the pitcher was Livo. In this one, we've got JZnn on the bump.

97. natsfan1a - Jul 4, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I did, and posted in a prior thread. Always did enjoy watching him, except when he was beating us.Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa said… Did we notice Dontrelle Willis retired? Lincecum is a ways from that, still.

98. natsfan1a - Jul 4, 2012 at 1:16 AM

No can do. I'm at the park tomorrow. Duffy's. DC. Near the Green Line. Who's there tomorrow, 11:00 start?

99. natsfan1a - Jul 4, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I was actually feeling bad for Timmy, too (although also enjoying the runs, of course).

100. Jim Zurer - Jul 4, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Off topic, the Giants third baseman (just in the game), Emmanuel Burris, played high school baseball in the District at Wilson High School.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Burriss

101. Faraz Shaikh - Jul 4, 2012 at 1:26 AM

what's the deadline for us to sign Giolito?

102. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jul 4, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Rain delays stink. Early early day tomorrow. Time to put in all the reserves and send EJax back home.

103. CN - Jul 4, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Giolito needs to agree by 7/13 (next Friday) midnight

104. Faraz Shaikh - Jul 4, 2012 at 1:36 AM

thanks CN.

105. JaneB - Jul 4, 2012 at 1:56 AM

This is just nuts. The umps should call it and let everyone come back tomorrow. It. Old be official, and the Giants are down so far they aren't likely to come back. Do they get some kind of extra pay for less than 12 hours turn around, or something? They just need to say goodnight.

106. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jul 4, 2012 at 1:57 AM

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2012_07_03_miamlb_milmlb_1&mode=box#gid=2012_07_03_miamlb_milmlb_1&mode=videoEnjoy the Brewers walkoff against Heath Bell. Philthies lost 11-1, and unfortunately the 2nd place Mets were the winner.

107. Theophilus T. S. - Jul 4, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Just call the game.

108. Faraz Shaikh - Jul 4, 2012 at 2:02 AM

agree, JaneB.

109. Faraz Shaikh - Jul 4, 2012 at 2:03 AM

this is beyond stupid.

110. Section 222 - Jul 4, 2012 at 2:04 AM

So much for getting this game over early because of the early start tomorrow morning.

111. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jul 4, 2012 at 2:15 AM

http://vimeo.com/45129212A very nicely edited Bryce video

112. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jul 4, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Game back on in a couple of minutes.

113. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jul 4, 2012 at 2:27 AM

JZim's book closes with a 1 earnie in the books, and that's how you do it people.Why in the world is Michael Morse still in this game? Another Davey head scratcher.

114. NatsLady - Jul 4, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Chris Sale pitching a shutout against Texas. He has a little run support, 17-0. :)

115. NatsLady - Jul 4, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Nice video, thanks, Ghost.

116. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jul 4, 2012 at 2:32 AM

JZim threw no walks. Pitched to contact when the bases were empty and got his K's when he needed them. Ended with 7 K's. ERA down to 2.70

117. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jul 4, 2012 at 2:33 AM

NatsLady said… Nice video, thanks, Ghost. July 03, 2012 10:31 PM I know Boras is working on a video montage of Bryce for potential endorsement deals and advertisers. Can't wait for that to be completed.

118. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jul 4, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Nice night by Danny. He just moved above Mendoza with that hit batting LH. Progress! Credit to Davey on working with him.

119. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jul 4, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Watching Morse out there with a wet track doesn't make me happy.Davey, HELLO???? Great time to put in Ankiel and Bernadina.

120. NatsLady - Jul 4, 2012 at 2:48 AM

121. NatsFan05 - Jul 4, 2012 at 2:50 AM

I like the Desi, Danny line up. I think Danny is more relaxed in the 7th hole and can has really done a nice job job from the left side tonight 3 for 4 with 2 SBs.

122. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jul 4, 2012 at 2:51 AM

NatsLady said… ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfoWith the loss, the #Phillies fall to 36-46; their first time being 10 games under .500 since July 22, 2002. Phils have lost 6 straight.Selling yet? July 03, 2012 10:48 PM Ruben Amaro says he's not ready to make trades. Seems like many GMs aren't ready to throw in the towel.

123. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jul 4, 2012 at 2:52 AM

The DeRosa haters are now hiding.

124. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 4, 2012 at 2:59 AM

It's 8-3; most of the haters are hiding.

125. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 4, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Excuse me, 9-3.

126. Eugene in Oregon - Jul 4, 2012 at 3:06 AM

Seat belts fastened, everybody?

127. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jul 4, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Soul, that's a definite possibility but I think many of them don't have night time internet access in their homes from the storm damage.

128. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jul 4, 2012 at 3:08 AM

Eugene, 6 run lead. 1 out to get. I'm not worried about Henry in this situation. This is LOW LOW LEVERAGE

129. JaneB - Jul 4, 2012 at 3:09 AM

I need to be eased back into this every bit as much as Henry does. Oh my. I hope he is good.

130. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 4, 2012 at 3:09 AM

It has been a sporadic series of check-ins, Ghost, that's true. Here's hoping everybody is physically OK and families are all good.

131. Firm Possession, My Gorsehacken Sofa - Jul 4, 2012 at 3:09 AM

Woooooooo Hooooooooooo TM Michele

132. JaneB - Jul 4, 2012 at 3:10 AM

Ok. That was ok. And the win was good. See you at the park in the morning!

133. NatsFan05 - Jul 4, 2012 at 3:10 AM

Wow, we got good Henry tonight! Nice!

134. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jul 4, 2012 at 3:10 AM

This was a great team win. The Nats needed to show they could beat a 1st Place team.

135. Eugene in Oregon - Jul 4, 2012 at 3:10 AM

100 MPHRod — Well done!

136. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jul 4, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Team is now 9-7 in JZim starts. He threw 75% strikes tonight. No walks. Also came through with another clutch hit.

137. NatsFan05 - Jul 4, 2012 at 3:31 AM

I think I'll borrow "WOOOOHOOOO" for this win!WOOOOHOOO!

138. MicheleS - Jul 4, 2012 at 3:47 AM

Thanks for picking me up! WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!Phone battery died just as Henry came on. I considered it a sign. At least Good Henry vame tonight!

139. Maurymania - Jul 4, 2012 at 5:15 AM

Anybody else notice that the Nats, with the best record in the NL, have played, by far, the fewest home games in Major League Baseball? It's not even close, only 35 so far, most teams at around 41, some, including in our division are all the way up at 44, this is a big plus looking ahead for us.