Jul 3, 2012, 9:01 PM EDT
Updated at 6:02 p.m.
Drew Storen is expected to begin a rehab assignment with Class A Potomac on Thursday, putting the Nationals reliever on track to come off the disabled list for the club's first game after next week's All-Star break.
Storen (out since spring training with a bone spur in his elbow) will make four rehab appearances, manager Davey Johnson said, pitching every other day. That would make his final outing July 11 and leave him available to appear out of the Nationals' bullpen July 13 in Miami.
"That's the plan," Johnson said. "I think that would be enough."
The Nationals also announced shortly before tonight's game that Henry Rodriguez was activated off the disabled list, with Chien-Ming Wang placed on the DL with a right hip strain.
Rodriguez, who missed the last month with with a finger strain, has made seven rehab appearances for Class AA Harrisburg and Class AAARead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 4:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Back-to-back struggles by Fister surprise Nats
- Phillies sweep red-hot Nationals
- LIVE THREAD: Nationals, Fister face Phillies on the road
- LaRoche confident back issue won't linger
- Can Doug Fister prevent Phillies from sweeping Nationals?
- The Nationals offense gets significantly quieter after blowout wins
- Gonzalez sees progress in latest start for Nats
- Nationals Stock Watch: Cabrera looking like a smart acquisition
- Nationals lament close call in loss to Phillies
- Nats struggle early, lose in controversial fashion to Phillies