Jul 3, 2012, 9:01 PM EST
Updated at 6:02 p.m.
Drew Storen is expected to begin a rehab assignment with Class A Potomac on Thursday, putting the Nationals reliever on track to come off the disabled list for the club's first game after next week's All-Star break.
Storen (out since spring training with a bone spur in his elbow) will make four rehab appearances, manager Davey Johnson said, pitching every other day. That would make his final outing July 11 and leave him available to appear out of the Nationals' bullpen July 13 in Miami.
"That's the plan," Johnson said. "I think that would be enough."
The Nationals also announced shortly before tonight's game that Henry Rodriguez was activated off the disabled list, with Chien-Ming Wang placed on the DL with a right hip strain.
Rodriguez, who missed the last month with with a finger strain, has made seven rehab appearances for Class AA Harrisburg and Class AAARead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- WATCH: Harper faces Strasburg for first time
- Werth hits off tee for first time since surgery
- Matt Harvey expected to make much-awaited return against Nats
- Ankiel starts new chapter as life skills coordinator
- Ian Desmond discusses team expectations and future with Nats
- Eventful BP for Harper, update on Werth in Tuesday's workout
- Desmond, Rendon like what they see from Zimmerman at 1B
- Scherzer to start exhibition opener vs. Mets
- Bryce Harper does a pretty epic videobomb on Anthony Rendon
- ESPN throws shade on Nats' jerseys, calling them among worst in MLB