Jul 3, 2012, 9:01 PM EDT
Updated at 6:02 p.m.
Drew Storen is expected to begin a rehab assignment with Class A Potomac on Thursday, putting the Nationals reliever on track to come off the disabled list for the club's first game after next week's All-Star break.
Storen (out since spring training with a bone spur in his elbow) will make four rehab appearances, manager Davey Johnson said, pitching every other day. That would make his final outing July 11 and leave him available to appear out of the Nationals' bullpen July 13 in Miami.
"That's the plan," Johnson said. "I think that would be enough."
The Nationals also announced shortly before tonight's game that Henry Rodriguez was activated off the disabled list, with Chien-Ming Wang placed on the DL with a right hip strain.
Rodriguez, who missed the last month with with a finger strain, has made seven rehab appearances for Class AA Harrisburg and Class AAARead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Span helps lift Nats past Dodgers (VIDEO)
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win
- Phillies call up top prospect for September
- Nationals open big series in Los Angeles
- Astros fire manager Bo Porter, who came from Nats
- Nationals promote 6 players in September call-ups
- State of the Nats: Nationals-Dodgers could be playoff preview
- Nats' numbers in August were off the charts
- Three homers not enough in 5-3 Nationals loss to Seattle
- Nationals go for series sweep in Seattle