Jul 4, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
It's Independence Day at Nationals Park, and we've got morning baseball.
Here's something I'm not sure I've ever typed before: Good morning from the ballpark! Yes, we've got an extremely rare starting time today, with first pitch scheduled for 11:05 a.m. The Nats' thinking behind all this: Give fans a chance to attend the game, clear out of town and still have time for a Fourth of July cookout before heading back out for fireworks. (We'll see how that translates into tickets sold, though I suspect it would be a big crowd today regardless of the starting time.)
It'll be Edwin Jackson against Madison Bumgarner, so the Nationals counter with a right-handed-heavy lineup that includes Tyler Moore at first base and Mark DeRosa in right field.
Hope everyone enjoys a fun and safe Independence Day, whether here at the ballpark or at home with friends and family. Plenty of updates to come, so please check back…
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 11:05 a.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv, MLB Network (outside D.C. market)
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 188
Weather: Partly cloudy, 89 degrees, Wind 8 mph LF to RF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Now in 2nd place, Nats not scoreboard watching yet
- Fister's struggles continue, as Strasburg nears return
- Struggling Nats out of 1st place in NL East
- Nats lose to Arizona, fall out of first place
- Strasburg strong in 2nd rehab start, next stop D.C.?
- Papelbon offers advice on pennant race pressure
- Updated: Good news for Carpenter, Span close to live BP
- Nats return home hoping to get back on track vs. D'Backs
- After sweep, Vegas sees Nats and Mets trending in different directions
- Postponement gives Nats new home finale