Jul 6, 2012, 7:30 PM EST
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg faces the Rockies tonight at Nationals Park.
After feasting on what was supposed to be a daunting pitching trio from San Francisco — Tim Lincecum, Madison Bumgarner and Matt Cain — the Nationals now get to spend the weekend taking their hacks against a Rockies staff that boasts an MLB-worst 5.36 ERA. Look out.
Speaking of looking out, Stephen Strasburg will have to be careful dealing with extreme weather conditions yet again. After suffering from hat exhaustion in Atlanta on Saturday, he'll get only a slight reprieve tonight, with the forecast calling for a reading of 97 degrees at first pitch.
Though there are still three games until the All-Star break, tonight marks the official halfway point of the season. A victory would leave the Nats at 49-32, on pace for 98 wins. A loss would leave them at 48-33, still on pace for 96 wins. I would think everyone out there would have taken that on Opening Day, right?
I'm off this weekend; heading out of town for a family event the next two days and then heading to Kansas City on Sunday in advance of the All-Star Game. Never fear, though, because Chase Hughes of CSNwashington.com will be here all weekend and will post updates…
COLORADO ROCKIES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Mostly clear, 97 degrees, Wind 5 mph LF to RF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Wilson, Blevins among Nationals trade targets
- Rizzo: Nats aren't trading Clippard, Storen, Span
- 6 weeks into MLB offseason and free agents are going fast
- Williams on Harper, Strasburg and more
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo on lefty reliever market (VIDEO)
- Nationals' asking price high on Storen, Clippard
- Phillies willing to trade Cole Hamels and Cliff Lee
- Nats expect McLouth to get significant playing time
- Nats believe Ramos can catch 125 games
- Nationals in no rush to acquire left-hander