Jul 6, 2012, 7:30 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg faces the Rockies tonight at Nationals Park.
After feasting on what was supposed to be a daunting pitching trio from San Francisco — Tim Lincecum, Madison Bumgarner and Matt Cain — the Nationals now get to spend the weekend taking their hacks against a Rockies staff that boasts an MLB-worst 5.36 ERA. Look out.
Speaking of looking out, Stephen Strasburg will have to be careful dealing with extreme weather conditions yet again. After suffering from hat exhaustion in Atlanta on Saturday, he'll get only a slight reprieve tonight, with the forecast calling for a reading of 97 degrees at first pitch.
Though there are still three games until the All-Star break, tonight marks the official halfway point of the season. A victory would leave the Nats at 49-32, on pace for 98 wins. A loss would leave them at 48-33, still on pace for 96 wins. I would think everyone out there would have taken that on Opening Day, right?
I'm off this weekend; heading out of town for a family event the next two days and then heading to Kansas City on Sunday in advance of the All-Star Game. Never fear, though, because Chase Hughes of CSNwashington.com will be here all weekend and will post updates…
COLORADO ROCKIES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Mostly clear, 97 degrees, Wind 5 mph LF to RF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Pujols gets 500th, Nats fall to Angels
- Pujols launches 500th homer at Nationals' expense
- Who is the Nats best 8th inning option?
- Fister pitches 3 innings, on track for May 7 return
- Nats Game Thread: No rest for Desmond
- Nationals recall Barrett, send Cedeno to AAA
- Clippard: "No one is going to feel sorry for me" (VIDEO)
- Desmond, Clippard unravel in eighth inning of Nats' loss
- Williams shows faith in Clippard despite struggles
- Trout talk: How good is he? (VIDEO)