Jul 7, 2012, 6:05 PM EST
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Gio Gonzalez faces the Rockies this afternoon at Nationals Park.
Chase Hughes here once again for the second game of the Washington Nationals vs. Colorado Rockies series at Nationals Park. Another day, another record heat index as we could see temperatures reach as high as 106 degrees in Washington. All-Star Gio Gonzalez makes his final start before the break as he looks for his 12th win of the season. Gio is 11-3 with a 3.01 ERA having earned the 'W' in each of his last three starts. His ERA at Nationals Park this season is a crisp 2.42.
The Rockies will look for two straight and a series win as manager Jim Tracy sends lefty Jeff Francis to the mound. Francis is 2-1 this season with a 5.16 ERA, but has earned the win in each of his last two outings. He has allowed two runs or less in four consecutive starts.
COLORADO ROCKIES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 4:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Mostly clear, 103 degrees, Wind 10 mph LF to RF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Mariners sign Robinson Cano to 10-year, $240 million deal
- Point/Counterpoint: How good will Fister be?
- Sean Casey: Doug Fister is 'huge for the Nationals'
- Marlins sign Rafael Furcal, what are they up to?
- With Ellsbury & McCann, Yankees could be just getting started
- Report: Nats interested in lefty Scott Downs
- Market is thinning of left-handers
- Does Saltalamacchia show the Marlins are serious for 2014?
- VIDEO: Analysis of Fister trade
- Non-tendered players could interest Nats