Jul 7, 2012, 2:13 AM EDT
Hitting highlight: Bryce Harper had a decent game with a bloop single in the fourth inning and a walk in the sixth, but the offensive highlight of the night was a ninth inning solo home run by Ryan Zimmerman. Zimm took a 1-1 pitch nearly to the Red Porch in left field to score the team’s lone run and cut the Rockies’ lead to 5-1.
Pitching lowlight: Strasburg could not keep Tyler Colvin in check as the Rockies’ first baseman hit a solo homer in the second inning and a two-run shot in the fourth. He also added a single off Strasburg in the sixth.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats Stock Watch: Starting pitchers scuffling
- Biggest key to Papelbon trade is Storen
- One MLB columnist expects Lucas Giolito to be dominant in 2020
- Fernandez remains perfect in Miami, Marlins top Nats 4-1
- Tyler Clippard says chasing down the 'beatable' Nats will be 'a lot of fun'
- Nationals acquire Jonathan Papelbon for minor leaguer
- Werth, Zimmerman activated off DL
- Watching baseball with Obama
- Report: Nats 'making progress' in trade for All-Star closer
- Around the NL East: Are Mets moves enough to catch Nats?