Jul 7, 2012, 2:13 AM EDT
Hitting highlight: Bryce Harper had a decent game with a bloop single in the fourth inning and a walk in the sixth, but the offensive highlight of the night was a ninth inning solo home run by Ryan Zimmerman. Zimm took a 1-1 pitch nearly to the Red Porch in left field to score the team’s lone run and cut the Rockies’ lead to 5-1.
Pitching lowlight: Strasburg could not keep Tyler Colvin in check as the Rockies’ first baseman hit a solo homer in the second inning and a two-run shot in the fourth. He also added a single off Strasburg in the sixth.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster review: Tanner Roark
- Span will return to Nats, LaRoche & Soriano won't
- Trio of Nationals players become free agents
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent