Jul 7, 2012, 2:13 AM EDT
Hitting highlight: Bryce Harper had a decent game with a bloop single in the fourth inning and a walk in the sixth, but the offensive highlight of the night was a ninth inning solo home run by Ryan Zimmerman. Zimm took a 1-1 pitch nearly to the Red Porch in left field to score the team’s lone run and cut the Rockies’ lead to 5-1.
Pitching lowlight: Strasburg could not keep Tyler Colvin in check as the Rockies’ first baseman hit a solo homer in the second inning and a two-run shot in the fourth. He also added a single off Strasburg in the sixth.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Embattled Desmond: "I'm gonna get through it"
- Span likely to make season debut Sunday
- Phillies 5, Nats 3: Desmond's woes open door for Phillies
- Nats waiting for MRI on Escobar's groin strain
- Zimmermann tries to lead Nats to 4th straight W
- Impressive Scherzer giving Nats lots of innings
- Nats 7, Phillies 2: Harper homers, Scherzer cruises
- Escobar leaves Nats game with strained groin
- Stammen on season-ending surgery: "Bring it on"
- Marlins catcher not happy after getting benched: 'Yeah I’m mad'