Jul 7, 2012, 2:13 AM EDT
Hitting highlight: Bryce Harper had a decent game with a bloop single in the fourth inning and a walk in the sixth, but the offensive highlight of the night was a ninth inning solo home run by Ryan Zimmerman. Zimm took a 1-1 pitch nearly to the Red Porch in left field to score the team’s lone run and cut the Rockies’ lead to 5-1.
Pitching lowlight: Strasburg could not keep Tyler Colvin in check as the Rockies’ first baseman hit a solo homer in the second inning and a two-run shot in the fourth. He also added a single off Strasburg in the sixth.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Roark, Ramos lead Nationals past Cubs 2-1
- Nats pregame music choice irks Phillies, they promise payback
- Roark gets the start for Nats at Wrigley
- State of the Nats: Rolling into Wrigley for Bryant vs. Harper
- Harper showing he can excel at 'the little things'
- Advice from teammates helps Gio get back on track vs. Phillies
- Anthony Rendon to take big step forward in rehab this week
- Strong Gio start secures another series win for Nats
- Nationals aim for another series win against Philly
- Still no answer for Strasburg's woes