Jul 10, 2012, 10:00 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats will be well-represented in tonight's Midsummer Classic at Kauffman Stadium.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Whether you believe the outcome of the All-Star Game should have any bearing on anything or not, if you're a Nationals fan here's a good reason to care who wins tonight's exhibition game at Kauffman Stadium: The team with home-field advantage has won 24 of the last 31 World Series and has won nine consecutive Game 7's, dating all the way back to 1982.
And yes, if you're a Nationals fan, you really have legitimate reason to worry about home-field advantage in this year's World Series.
The way things are set up, the Nationals' three All-Star representatives could significantly impact this game. Tony La Russa plans to use Gio Gonzalez in the second inning and Stephen Strasburg in the third inning, so they'll get to face the American League's stacked starting lineup. Bryce Harper, meanwhile, figures to enter sometime in the middle innings and perhaps get some key late at-bats if the game's outcome is still in doubt.
So buckle up and settle in for what's always a fun night of baseball. I'll have live updates and analysis throughout…
2012 MLB ALL-STAR GAME
NATIONAL LEAGUE vs. AMERICAN LEAGUE
Where: Kauffman Stadium
Gametime: 8:15 p.m. EDT
Radio: WTEM (980 AM), WWXT (92.7 FM), WWXX (94.3 FM), XM 176
Weather: Clear, 90 degrees, Wind 8 mph in from RF
DH Carlos Gonzalez
CF Melky Cabrera
LF Ryan Braun
1B Joey Votto
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper has tickets to the Super Bowl
- 2015 outlook: Detroit Tigers
- MLB's Manfred: Montreal has helped case for return of baseball
- Nats roster preview: Yunel Escobar
- Final thoughts on the Max Scherzer signing
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- How big of a haul could the Nats get for trading Stephen Strasburg?
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Ian Desmond