Jul 10, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats will be well-represented in tonight's Midsummer Classic at Kauffman Stadium.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Whether you believe the outcome of the All-Star Game should have any bearing on anything or not, if you're a Nationals fan here's a good reason to care who wins tonight's exhibition game at Kauffman Stadium: The team with home-field advantage has won 24 of the last 31 World Series and has won nine consecutive Game 7's, dating all the way back to 1982.
And yes, if you're a Nationals fan, you really have legitimate reason to worry about home-field advantage in this year's World Series.
The way things are set up, the Nationals' three All-Star representatives could significantly impact this game. Tony La Russa plans to use Gio Gonzalez in the second inning and Stephen Strasburg in the third inning, so they'll get to face the American League's stacked starting lineup. Bryce Harper, meanwhile, figures to enter sometime in the middle innings and perhaps get some key late at-bats if the game's outcome is still in doubt.
So buckle up and settle in for what's always a fun night of baseball. I'll have live updates and analysis throughout…
2012 MLB ALL-STAR GAME
NATIONAL LEAGUE vs. AMERICAN LEAGUE
Where: Kauffman Stadium
Gametime: 8:15 p.m. EDT
Radio: WTEM (980 AM), WWXT (92.7 FM), WWXX (94.3 FM), XM 176
Weather: Clear, 90 degrees, Wind 8 mph in from RF
DH Carlos Gonzalez
CF Melky Cabrera
LF Ryan Braun
1B Joey Votto
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Harper back in lineup as Nats face Cards
- Nats make 6 cuts as roster begins to take shape
- Forbes: Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers
- Ian Desmond ranks highly among shortstops, according to ESPN
- Gio Gonzalez faces Mets in Viera
- Harper sidelined as Nats' injuries continue to mount
- Who should Nats' tab as Rendon's fill-in?
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Mark Zuckerman & Marc Carig