Jul 10, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats will be well-represented in tonight's Midsummer Classic at Kauffman Stadium.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Whether you believe the outcome of the All-Star Game should have any bearing on anything or not, if you're a Nationals fan here's a good reason to care who wins tonight's exhibition game at Kauffman Stadium: The team with home-field advantage has won 24 of the last 31 World Series and has won nine consecutive Game 7's, dating all the way back to 1982.
And yes, if you're a Nationals fan, you really have legitimate reason to worry about home-field advantage in this year's World Series.
The way things are set up, the Nationals' three All-Star representatives could significantly impact this game. Tony La Russa plans to use Gio Gonzalez in the second inning and Stephen Strasburg in the third inning, so they'll get to face the American League's stacked starting lineup. Bryce Harper, meanwhile, figures to enter sometime in the middle innings and perhaps get some key late at-bats if the game's outcome is still in doubt.
So buckle up and settle in for what's always a fun night of baseball. I'll have live updates and analysis throughout…
2012 MLB ALL-STAR GAME
NATIONAL LEAGUE vs. AMERICAN LEAGUE
Where: Kauffman Stadium
Gametime: 8:15 p.m. EDT
Radio: WTEM (980 AM), WWXT (92.7 FM), WWXX (94.3 FM), XM 176
Weather: Clear, 90 degrees, Wind 8 mph in from RF
DH Carlos Gonzalez
CF Melky Cabrera
LF Ryan Braun
1B Joey Votto
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bumgarner, Giants stop Royals 7-1 in Series opener
- Report: Marlins may have James Shields atop shopping list
- Royals host Giants in Game 1 of the 2014 World Series
- Sporting News names Mets pitcher NL Rookie of the Year
- Palm Beach approves funding for Nats spring complex
- Williams named top NL manager by peers
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond