Jul 13, 2012, 7:51 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jordan Zimmermann opens the second half of the season at Marlins Park.
MIAMI — Hello from Marlins Park, which doesn't provide quite the same overload of sensations when you make your second trip here. That's probably a good thing.
The Nationals open the second half of their season with a four-game series against a Miami club that dealt with all manner of calamity prior to the All-Star break, resulting in a 41-44 record. That said, the Marlins did sweep the Nats in their previous visit here over Memorial Day week. And as any longtime observer knows, no team in the NL East has been a bigger thorn in the Nationals' side over the years than the Marlins.
Jordan Zimmermann will look to reverse that trend tonight, handed the ball by Davey Johnson first out of the gate. Gio Gonzalez will start tomorrow, with Stephen Strasburg on Sunday, Edwin Jackson on Monday and then Ross Detwiler on Tuesday against the Mets in D.C. Drew Storen is not going to be activated off the disabled list quite yet; he made a two-inning rehab appearance for Class A Potomac last night, so it'll be at least another day or two until we see him.
Plenty of live updates and analysis here from this amusement park of a baseball stadium, plus be sure to check back around 5 p.m. for news of the Nats' contract negotiations with first-round pick Lucas Giolito…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Marlins Park
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 187
LF Steve Lombardozzi
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Michael Morse
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Jordan Zimmermann introduced by Detroit Tigers
- Report: Marlins could hire Barry Bonds to coaching staff
- Zimmermann agreed to a surprising contract with Detroit
- Report: Nats, Mets and Braves all chasing two-time All-Star
- Appreciating Jordan Zimmermann’s Nationals career
- PHOTOS: Zimmermann’s Nats career through the years
- Did Zimmermann sign with Tigers at a discount?
- Jordan Zimmermann signs free agent deal with Tigers
- Report: Zimmermann in serious talks with AL team
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Victor Robles