Jul 13, 2012, 7:51 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jordan Zimmermann opens the second half of the season at Marlins Park.
MIAMI — Hello from Marlins Park, which doesn't provide quite the same overload of sensations when you make your second trip here. That's probably a good thing.
The Nationals open the second half of their season with a four-game series against a Miami club that dealt with all manner of calamity prior to the All-Star break, resulting in a 41-44 record. That said, the Marlins did sweep the Nats in their previous visit here over Memorial Day week. And as any longtime observer knows, no team in the NL East has been a bigger thorn in the Nationals' side over the years than the Marlins.
Jordan Zimmermann will look to reverse that trend tonight, handed the ball by Davey Johnson first out of the gate. Gio Gonzalez will start tomorrow, with Stephen Strasburg on Sunday, Edwin Jackson on Monday and then Ross Detwiler on Tuesday against the Mets in D.C. Drew Storen is not going to be activated off the disabled list quite yet; he made a two-inning rehab appearance for Class A Potomac last night, so it'll be at least another day or two until we see him.
Plenty of live updates and analysis here from this amusement park of a baseball stadium, plus be sure to check back around 5 p.m. for news of the Nats' contract negotiations with first-round pick Lucas Giolito…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Marlins Park
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 187
LF Steve Lombardozzi
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Michael Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mark Zuckerman gives his take on Harper, Williams ejections
- Harper stories from his college teammate, Chasen Shreve
- Scherzer on his start, chocolate sauce & Harper-Miggy
- That time Stephen Strasburg was on Letterman
- After shaky 1st inning, Zimmermann cruises
- Nationals Stock Watch: Other hot bats besides Harper
- Hershey's pitches in to help Nationals continue sweet celebrations
- Harper, Williams strongly disagree with ejections from win vs. Yankees
- Harper and Williams ejected again, Nats rally again
- Harper, Williams ejected vs. Yankees on Wednesday night