Jul 13, 2012, 11:07 PM EDT
MIAMI — Despite initial hopes to have Drew Storen make his season debut in tonight's second-half opener, the Nationals decided the reliever needs a bit more time on a minor-league rehab assignment to build up his arm strength before pitching in the big leagues.
The Nationals originally planned for Storen to make four rehab appearances with Class A Potomac and then come off the disabled list in time for tonight's game against the Marlins. But Storen (who has missed the entire season to date after surgery to remove a bone spur from his elbow) noted some arm fatigue during the latter stages of his two-inning stint last night at Class A Potomac, and club officials want him to make at least one more rehab appearance, perhaps more.
"The consensus from the coaches that watched him was that his arm strength is not quite where it needs to be, and that he gets a coupleRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
Through Tuesday's games
NL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS
y-Clinched playoff berth
Through Tuesday's early games
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Marlins at Nats (DH), 1:05 p.m., 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Marlins at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Marlins at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
(End of regular season)
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals return home for 4-2 over Mets
- Span leaves Tuesday's game with possible injury
- Division champ Nats come home for final week
- Zimmermann may be pushed back a day with bruised shoulder
- Zimmerman sits out vs. Mets after feeling soreness over weekend
- Around the NL East: Big offseasons ahead
- Predicting who makes the Nationals' playoff roster
- Yankees claim former Nats OF prospect off waivers
- State of the Nats: Final week before playoffs brings tough decisions
- Braves fire GM Frank Wren after missing playoff