Jul 13, 2012, 11:07 PM EDT
MIAMI — Despite initial hopes to have Drew Storen make his season debut in tonight's second-half opener, the Nationals decided the reliever needs a bit more time on a minor-league rehab assignment to build up his arm strength before pitching in the big leagues.
The Nationals originally planned for Storen to make four rehab appearances with Class A Potomac and then come off the disabled list in time for tonight's game against the Marlins. But Storen (who has missed the entire season to date after surgery to remove a bone spur from his elbow) noted some arm fatigue during the latter stages of his two-inning stint last night at Class A Potomac, and club officials want him to make at least one more rehab appearance, perhaps more.
"The consensus from the coaches that watched him was that his arm strength is not quite where it needs to be, and that he gets a coupleRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Rockies, 8:40 p.m.
WED: Nats at Rockies, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Zimmermann returns to mound after injury
- Cliff Lee, A.J. Burnett also wouldn't mind being traded to the Nats
- Healthy Nationals lineup has become NL's best
- Around the NL East: Are the Phillies on the verge of a fire sale?
- Ian Desmond notches five hits, Nats rock Colorado
- Harper sits, Zimmerman in left as Nats face Rockies
- NL East: Lee and Cishek drawing interest on trade market
- Dan Uggla signs with the San Francisco Giants
- Nats fan sports 'Curly W' beard (PHOTO)
- State of the Nats: 9-game road trip begins Monday