Jul 13, 2012, 11:07 PM EDT
MIAMI — Despite initial hopes to have Drew Storen make his season debut in tonight's second-half opener, the Nationals decided the reliever needs a bit more time on a minor-league rehab assignment to build up his arm strength before pitching in the big leagues.
The Nationals originally planned for Storen to make four rehab appearances with Class A Potomac and then come off the disabled list in time for tonight's game against the Marlins. But Storen (who has missed the entire season to date after surgery to remove a bone spur from his elbow) noted some arm fatigue during the latter stages of his two-inning stint last night at Class A Potomac, and club officials want him to make at least one more rehab appearance, perhaps more.
"The consensus from the coaches that watched him was that his arm strength is not quite where it needs to be, and that he gets a coupleRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
NL POSTSEASON SCHEDULE
WED: Giants at Pirates, 8:07 p.m. (ESPN)
FRI: Game 1, Pirates at Nats, 12:07 p.m.,
OR Giants at Nats, 3:07 p.m. (FS1)
SAT: Game 2, PIT/SF at Nats, 5:37 p.m. (FS1)
MON: Game 3, Nats at PIT/SF, TBA (MLBN)
TUE: Game 4, Nats at PIT/SF, TBA (FS1)*
OCT. 9: Game 5, PIT/SF at Nats, TBA (FS1)*
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- How the '14 Nats are better than the '12 Nats
- Royals beat A's 9-8 in 12 in AL wild-card thriller
- 'Now the fun begins' - Nats enter postseason on a roll
- Game thread: Who will advance in AL Wild Card game?
- Bryce Harper to play showcase in Japan after MLB playoffs
- MLB postseason begins tonight: Wild Card playoff preview
- 5 questions facing the Nationals in the postseason
- Nats finding ways to stay sharp (VIDEO)
- Games 1 and 2 at Nationals Park will be matinees
- Revisiting Opening Day predictions on the Nats