Jul 15, 2012, 10:53 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Stephen Strasburg improved to 10-4 with six scoreless innings.
MIAMI — It’s easy to watch Stephen Strasburg mow through opposing lineups and forget how young and inexperienced he still is.
Sunday’s start in Miami was only the 35th of Strasburg’s big-league career, the equivalent of one full season. He’s been through so much and has so much talent, you tend to think he’s as polished as they get.
But there is still much for Strasburg to learn, another level for him to reach.
“What is he, 23 years old?,” Nationals pitching coach Steve McCatty said. “He’s got six weeks in the minor leagues. This is an awful tough level to learn at. He’s got tremendous ability, and he’s still putting up some pretty good numbers. But he’s going to have his moments and his games where we might see things that he doesn’t necessarily see. That’s why I always say it’s a learning process. He’s got to see it himself.”
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Rockies, 8:40 p.m.
WED: Nats at Rockies, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Healthy Nationals lineup has become NL's best
- Ian Desmond notches five hits, Nats rock Colorado
- Harper sits, Zimmerman in left as Nats face Rockies
- NL East: Lee and Cishek drawing interest on trade market
- Dan Uggla signs with the San Francisco Giants
- Nats fan sports 'Curly W' beard (PHOTO)
- State of the Nats: 9-game road trip begins Monday
- Resurgent Zimmerman leads Nats' potent lineup
- Werth, Rendon, scouting come together in Nats win
- Instant analysis: Nats 5, Brewers 4