Jul 15, 2012, 10:53 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Stephen Strasburg improved to 10-4 with six scoreless innings.
MIAMI — It’s easy to watch Stephen Strasburg mow through opposing lineups and forget how young and inexperienced he still is.
Sunday’s start in Miami was only the 35th of Strasburg’s big-league career, the equivalent of one full season. He’s been through so much and has so much talent, you tend to think he’s as polished as they get.
But there is still much for Strasburg to learn, another level for him to reach.
“What is he, 23 years old?,” Nationals pitching coach Steve McCatty said. “He’s got six weeks in the minor leagues. This is an awful tough level to learn at. He’s got tremendous ability, and he’s still putting up some pretty good numbers. But he’s going to have his moments and his games where we might see things that he doesn’t necessarily see. That’s why I always say it’s a learning process. He’s got to see it himself.”
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Stephen Strasburg's contract year
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- Report: All-Star catcher Lucroy has Nats on no-trade list
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Max Scherzer more important in Year 2
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: An important year for Wilson Ramos
- NL East: Phillies add new alternate uniform for 2016 (PHOTOS)
- NL East: Marlins interested in adding another starting pitcher