Jul 15, 2012, 3:41 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg tries to get back on track today at Marlins Park.
MIAMI — Stephen Strasburg, in a slump? Say it ain't so. OK, the word "slump" may be a bit excessive, but the right-hander has lost three straight starts for the first time in his career and has put 23 men on base over his last 15 innings. Those are very un-Strasburg-like numbers.
The All-Star hurler will try to get back on track today when he faces the Marlins in a matinee under the roof. Shouldn't have to worry at all about heat or humidity inside this facility.
Ricky Nolasco starts for Miami, and he'll face a Nats lineup that is without Ian Desmond for the first time since April 19 but may be without him for several days. Desmond's lingering left oblique strain got worse last night (which is why he was bunting in the ninth inning instead of swinging away). Davey Johnson said this morning he's hopeful Desmond won't need a DL stint, but just in case this lasts multiple days, he's putting Danny Espinosa at shortstop and Steve Lombardozzi at second.
Full story on that situation forthcoming. In the meantime, check back here for live game updates…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Marlins Park
Gametime: 1:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 89
2B Steve Lombardozzi
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Scherzer looks to keep historic run going
- Warning: Harper's Body Issue cover will make you blush
- Nats sign 1st significant Latin prospect in years
- Around the NL East: Phillies hire MacPhail to help rebuild effort
- Nats lineup goes silent in loss to Braves
- Fister's rough inning leads to Nats' 4-1 loss to Braves
- New President makes Nationals race debut
- Las Vegas really likes the Nationals in October
- Nats Stock Watch: Rotation continuing to dominate
- Nats cruise to 9th straight win over Braves