Jul 15, 2012, 8:11 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Stephen Strasburg tossed six scoreless innings to earn his 10th win.
Game in a nutshell: Stephen Strasburg was stuck in a three-game losing streak. Ian Desmond was out of the lineup with a lingering oblique strain. The Nationals were silenced at the plate. Reason to worry? Um, no. Strasburg tossed six scoreless innings to improve to 10-4 for the season. He also chimed in with another RBI single, setting in motion a two-run rally off Ricky Nolasco in the top of the fifth. The Nats added two more runs off Nolasco in the sixth, with Michael Morse driving in one run and Danny Espinosa driving in the other. Tyler Clippard got himself into a big jam in the ninth, loading the bases with nobody out. But he escaped it and thus secured the Nats' fifth shutout victory of the season.
Hitting highlight: With Desmond on the bench, the Nats needed an offensive spark from somebody. So they turned to their best hitter … Strasburg. Seriously, nobody has consistently put up better numbers atRead more »
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- PHOTO: Max Scherzer takes out full-page ad to thank Tigers fans
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Anthony Rendon
- Former Nats pitcher Ross Ohlendorf follows Detwiler to Rangers
- PHOTOS: Bryce Harper attends Clippers game, meets Blake Griffin
- Big decisions to make for Nats after Scherzer signing
- Scherzer talked to Fister, Thornton before joining Nationals
- Ichiro Suzuki, former Nats OF Jonny Gomes land in NL East
- Boras' 'internal rating' system says Nats have MLB's best rotation
- Nationals sign former All-Star reliever to minor league deal