Jul 15, 2012, 8:11 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Stephen Strasburg tossed six scoreless innings to earn his 10th win.
Game in a nutshell: Stephen Strasburg was stuck in a three-game losing streak. Ian Desmond was out of the lineup with a lingering oblique strain. The Nationals were silenced at the plate. Reason to worry? Um, no. Strasburg tossed six scoreless innings to improve to 10-4 for the season. He also chimed in with another RBI single, setting in motion a two-run rally off Ricky Nolasco in the top of the fifth. The Nats added two more runs off Nolasco in the sixth, with Michael Morse driving in one run and Danny Espinosa driving in the other. Tyler Clippard got himself into a big jam in the ninth, loading the bases with nobody out. But he escaped it and thus secured the Nats' fifth shutout victory of the season.
Hitting highlight: With Desmond on the bench, the Nats needed an offensive spark from somebody. So they turned to their best hitter … Strasburg. Seriously, nobody has consistently put up better numbers atRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Craig Stammen signs minor league deal with Cleveland
- Report: Tyler Clippard signs deal with NL West club
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Bryce Harper shows off Redskins hat en route to Super Bowl
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Joe Ross take the next step?
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Gio Gonzalez be more consistent?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Stephen Strasburg's contract year
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies