Jul 16, 2012, 7:30 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats try to make it three of four tonight at Marlins Park.
MIAMI — And so we've reached the fourth and final game of this wraparound series to open the season's second half. Who knew how much drama we'd be treated to, and who knows how much more is still in store tonight?
Will there by any carryover from yesterday's Ozzie Guillen-Bryce Harper kerfuffle? If there is, it may fall on the shoulders of Marlins starter Carlos Zambrano, who has been know to let his emotions get the best of him once or 27 times before. And if something does happen, I would fully expect Harper to put his head down, trot to first base … and then try to steal second, third and home.
Edwin Jackson, meanwhile, gets the ball for the Nationals, hoping to avoid his typical first-inning blues and get his first start of the second half off on the right foot.
Updates and analysis to come, so please check back…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Marlins Park
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
2B Steve Lombardozzi
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- At 7-12, Nationals still searching for answers
- Marlins 6, Nats 2: Another misplay opens the floodgates
- Must-win? Sunday's game may be that for Nats
- Scherzer doubtful for Tuesday's start
- Slumping Nats already 7 games back in NL East
- Bats silent in 8-0 Marlins win over Washington
- Thumb swollen, Scherzer can't throw in bullpen
- Nationals try to get back on track in Miami
- Lack of late-inning execution holding back Nats
- Marlins 3, Nats 2: Familiar storyline leads to loss