Jul 16, 2012, 10:37 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Ozzie Guillen says Bryce Harper disrespected him during Sunday's game.
MIAMI — Ozzie Guillen loves Bryce Harper. He made that point painfully clear during a six-minute diatribe Monday afternoon. While also lambasting Harper for what he believes was a disrespectful act during Sunday's game: Pointing his bat toward Guillen to show he had swapped it out for one with too much pine tar on it, per the Marlins manager's request.
"I like this kid," Guillen said. "I think this kid is good for baseball. He's going to be better. But if this kid continues to do that [stuff], he might not make it. Because they're going to fool around with the wrong guy, and that wrong guy will kick his ass. He might not make it."
That was merely one of several verbal shots fired by Guillen at Harper and Nationals manager Davey Johnson one day after the relatively minor pine tar incident between the two clubs.
During the first inning of Sunday's game, Guillen noticed Harper had pine tar well up onto the barrel of his bat. Rule 1.10(c) prohibits theRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Harper back in lineup as Nats face Cards
- Nats make 6 cuts as roster begins to take shape
- Forbes: Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers
- Ian Desmond ranks highly among shortstops, according to ESPN
- Gio Gonzalez faces Mets in Viera
- Harper sidelined as Nats' injuries continue to mount
- Who should Nats' tab as Rendon's fill-in?
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Mark Zuckerman & Marc Carig