Jul 17, 2012, 7:40 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats return home tonight to open a key series against the Mets.
After a somewhat disappointing four-game split in Miami, the Nationals return to D.C. for what has the makings of a very important homestand: Three games against the third-place Mets, followed by four games in three days against the second-place Braves.
"Oh, no doubt about it," Davey Johnson said after last night's 5-3 loss. "But I think we're in good shape. The whole lineup's swinging the bat good. Our pitchers are throwing the ball good. Bring 'em on."
The Nationals currently are six games up on the Mets (who have lost four straight) so there's actually an opportunity here to deal New York's surprise playoff hopes a series blow. Ross Detwiler gets the first crack tonight, facing fellow left-hander Jonathon Niese.
After flying home from Miami, I've got the night off. But Chase Hughes will have you covered with game updates and all the evening's other news and notes, so please check back…
NEW YORK METS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
Weather: Sunny, 96 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to CF
2B Steve Lombardozzi
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Michael Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- MLB Power Rankings: More movement in AL East
- Ross shines against former team, pulled early for innings limit
- Span likely out for season after latest injury
- Nats banged up in 4-2 victory over Padres, win third straight series
- Updated: Taylor leaves Nats-Padres game after colliding with wall
- Updated: Escobar leaves Nats-Padres game with injury
- Span sits to rest sore back; other Nats injury notes
- Nats aim for 3rd straight series win against Padres
- Around the NL East: Will the Mets ever lose again?
- Double play on 3-0 pitch kills Nationals' rally