Jul 17, 2012, 7:40 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats return home tonight to open a key series against the Mets.
After a somewhat disappointing four-game split in Miami, the Nationals return to D.C. for what has the makings of a very important homestand: Three games against the third-place Mets, followed by four games in three days against the second-place Braves.
"Oh, no doubt about it," Davey Johnson said after last night's 5-3 loss. "But I think we're in good shape. The whole lineup's swinging the bat good. Our pitchers are throwing the ball good. Bring 'em on."
The Nationals currently are six games up on the Mets (who have lost four straight) so there's actually an opportunity here to deal New York's surprise playoff hopes a series blow. Ross Detwiler gets the first crack tonight, facing fellow left-hander Jonathon Niese.
After flying home from Miami, I've got the night off. But Chase Hughes will have you covered with game updates and all the evening's other news and notes, so please check back…
NEW YORK METS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
Weather: Sunny, 96 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to CF
2B Steve Lombardozzi
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Michael Morse
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Jordan gets chance to face Cardinals
- Report: Mets strill trying to trade veteran starter
- Nats trade veteran catcher to Red Sox
- Observations from Sunday's 11-7 win in Viera
- Rizzo not looking for outside help despite injuries
- Reliever Janssen needs MRI on shoulder
- Miami Marlins name Opening Day starter
- Nats and Marlins starters meet in tune-up
- Uggla hoping for starting job, not bench role with Nats
- AL East team scouting Phillies' Jonathan Papelbon