Jul 17, 2012, 2:00 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Drew Storen is scheduled to make another rehab appearance tonight for Potomac.
MIAMI — When Drew Storen set out to begin his rehab stint 12 days ago, the Nationals reliever expressed confidence his time in the minor leagues would be brief.
The Nationals' plan for Storen called for four rehab appearances before he would make his season debut Friday night as the club came out of the All-Star break.
Storen, of course, never appeared in Miami. And when the Nationals open a key, seven-game homestand tonight against the Mets, he'll be 30 miles down the road in Woodbridge, making another rehab stint with Class A Potomac.
This will be the right-hander's sixth minor-league game, and the previous five have featured mixed results. That includes Sunday's appearance at Class AA Harrisburg, when Storen gave up four runs on three hits (including a homer) and a walk in only two-thirds of anRead more »
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies adjust front office as Gillick becomes full-time team president
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- Nats sign veteran Janssen to bolster bullpen
- Nats roster preview: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bryce Harper has tickets to the Super Bowl
- 2015 outlook: Detroit Tigers
- MLB's Manfred: Montreal has helped case for return of baseball
- Nats roster preview: Yunel Escobar
- Final thoughts on the Max Scherzer signing
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team