Jul 17, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Drew Storen is scheduled to make another rehab appearance tonight for Potomac.
MIAMI — When Drew Storen set out to begin his rehab stint 12 days ago, the Nationals reliever expressed confidence his time in the minor leagues would be brief.
The Nationals' plan for Storen called for four rehab appearances before he would make his season debut Friday night as the club came out of the All-Star break.
Storen, of course, never appeared in Miami. And when the Nationals open a key, seven-game homestand tonight against the Mets, he'll be 30 miles down the road in Woodbridge, making another rehab stint with Class A Potomac.
This will be the right-hander's sixth minor-league game, and the previous five have featured mixed results. That includes Sunday's appearance at Class AA Harrisburg, when Storen gave up four runs on three hits (including a homer) and a walk in only two-thirds of anRead more »
NLDS: NATIONALS VS. GIANTS
SAT: Game 2 at Washington, 5:37 p.m. (FS1)
MON: Game 3 at San Francisco, TBA (MLBN)
TUE: Game 4 at San Francisco, TBA (FS1)*
THU: Game 5 at Washington, TBA (FS1)*
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Breaking down the Nats and Giants season series
- Nationals draw Giants in NLDS after Wild Card win
- Braves' hitting coach resigns after trying season
- Game thread: Giants-Pirates battle to face Nats in NLDS
- Former Nats slugger Adam Dunn still plans to retire
- Giants or Pirates: who should Nats prefer to play in NLDS?
- How the '14 Nats are better than the '12 Nats
- Royals beat A's 9-8 in 12 in AL wild-card thriller
- 'Now the fun begins' - Nats enter postseason on a roll
- Game thread: Who will advance in AL Wild Card game?