Jul 18, 2012, 2:25 AM EDT
US Presswire photo
Ross Detwiler tossed seven scoreless innings.
Game in a nutshell: The Nationals won in walk-off style on a wild pitch by Pedro Beato. Bryce Harper tripled in the game-tying run in the 10th, and Tyler Moore was up with the bases loaded when the winning run came home. Ross Detwiler had perhaps his best outing of the season as he shut out the Mets through seven innings of work, but late mistakes by the Nats' bullpen squandered the win for him. Tyler Clippard was handed a scoreless game and a two-run lead in the ninth, but allowed a three-run homer to a pinch-hitter Jordany Valdespin to give the Mets a 3-2 lead. The Nats were able to come back to tie it in the bottom of the ninth with an RBI single by Danny Espinosa, but gave the lead back in the 10th. Michael Gonzalez allowed a two-out double to Josh Thole for the Mets' fourth run. All in a wild game at Nationals Park.
Hitting highlight: Harper's triple off the wall in right field in the 10th was pivotal as the Nats tied the game for the second time when facingRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game
- Time for Nationals to find a long-term manager
- Were the Nationals patient enough with Williams as manager?
- Nats begin search for their next manager
- A rocky two years: Matt Williams' tenure as Nats manager
- Cross Scioscia off list of potential Nats manager candidates
- Rizzo on firing Williams as manager: 'A tough day'
- Nats leaning toward manager with experience
- Report: Nats will look at Cal Ripken for managerial job