Jul 19, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Can Ian Desmond make it through the season with his strained oblique? Can Jayson Werth make it back from his broken wrist? What, if anything, might the Nationals be looking for at the trade deadline?
We touched on all those subjects and more yesterday when CSNwashington.com’s Chase Hughes and the Washington Times’ Amanda Comak joined me for our latest edition of Beltway Baseball. We also answered the best of the questions you submitted here, including one directed at Chase.
Enjoy the show…
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg departs in 2nd inning with new ailment
- Strasburg leaves after 16 pitches, Reds beat Nationals 5-2
- Rendon resumes rehab, plays 7 innings at AA
- Strasburg back on mound for key start in Cincy
- How will Nats compensate for Werth's absence?
- Mark Zuckerman on Jayson Werth's unfortunate injury news
- MLB Power Rankings: Astros, Twins are early season surprises
- Werth could be out months after new test results on left wrist
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Al Galdi and Daniel Shiferaw
- Stars shine in Nats' 9th straight series win