Jul 19, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Gio Gonzalez tries to pitch the Nats to a sweep of the Mets today.
The good news: The Nationals have a chance to sweep the Mets today, and the man they'll send to the mound (Gio Gonzalez) will be seeking his league-leading 13th victory of the season. The bad news: The Mets are sending their own All-Star to the mound seeking his 13th win in knuckleballer R.A. Dickey.
So we've got a great pitching matchup for a Thursday matinee on South Capitol Street. The Nats also will have one of their best relievers available for the first time this season, with Drew Storen officially activated off the disabled list this morning, creating an eight-man bullpen for the moment.
On the other hand, they'll be playing with only a four-man bench. And one of those men is Ian Desmond, who remains out of the lineup with an oblique strain.
Plenty of updates to come, so please check back all afternoon…
NEW YORK METS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 12:35 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
Weather: Partly cloudy, 90 degrees, Wind 7 mph LF to RF
2B Steve Lombardozzi
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper makes decision on Home Run Derby
- Nationals sweep Giants behind Zimmermann, Ramos
- Two Giants ejected after arguing call vs. Nationals
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup
- Harper voted All-Star starter in record-breaking fashion
- Many unknowns in Strasburg's latest injury
- Strasburg placed on the 15-day DL with oblique strain
- For Nats, second half begins with high expectations
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury