Jul 20, 2012, 9:10 PM EST
But when Werth was strolling around the clubhouse at Nationals Park at 4 p.m. — on a Friday afternoon with heavy traffic throughout the area — the notion of the outfielder playing three hours later in Woodbridge seemed out of the question.
Indeed, the Nationals decided to delay Werth's rehab debut a day, both because of the poor weather forecast and some stiffness in his surgically repaired left wrist.
The Nationals aren't concerned at all by the stiffness, and manager Davey Johnson that development actually was expected by doctors.
"That's a good sign," Johnson said. "He said he pushed it to the point where it got a little stiff. And he said once you get that, you're good to go. He said he heated it up a little in here and did a few exercises andRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- With Zimmermann gone, what happens to Nats rotation?
- Jordan Zimmermann introduced by Detroit Tigers
- Report: Marlins could hire Barry Bonds to coaching staff
- Zimmermann agreed to a surprising contract with Detroit
- Report: Nats, Mets and Braves all chasing two-time All-Star
- Appreciating Jordan Zimmermann’s Nationals career
- PHOTOS: Zimmermann’s Nats career through the years
- Did Zimmermann sign with Tigers at a discount?
- Jordan Zimmermann signs free agent deal with Tigers
- Report: Zimmermann in serious talks with AL team