Jul 20, 2012, 9:10 PM EST
But when Werth was strolling around the clubhouse at Nationals Park at 4 p.m. — on a Friday afternoon with heavy traffic throughout the area — the notion of the outfielder playing three hours later in Woodbridge seemed out of the question.
Indeed, the Nationals decided to delay Werth's rehab debut a day, both because of the poor weather forecast and some stiffness in his surgically repaired left wrist.
The Nationals aren't concerned at all by the stiffness, and manager Davey Johnson that development actually was expected by doctors.
"That's a good sign," Johnson said. "He said he pushed it to the point where it got a little stiff. And he said once you get that, you're good to go. He said he heated it up a little in here and did a few exercises andRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera