Jul 20, 2012, 9:10 PM EST
But when Werth was strolling around the clubhouse at Nationals Park at 4 p.m. — on a Friday afternoon with heavy traffic throughout the area — the notion of the outfielder playing three hours later in Woodbridge seemed out of the question.
Indeed, the Nationals decided to delay Werth's rehab debut a day, both because of the poor weather forecast and some stiffness in his surgically repaired left wrist.
The Nationals aren't concerned at all by the stiffness, and manager Davey Johnson that development actually was expected by doctors.
"That's a good sign," Johnson said. "He said he pushed it to the point where it got a little stiff. And he said once you get that, you're good to go. He said he heated it up a little in here and did a few exercises andRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Kansas City Royals