Jul 21, 2012, 9:57 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
John Lannan faces Randall Delgado in the nightcap of this doubleheader.
Must-win game for the Nationals? It sure feels like it after they've dropped three in a row, including the first two games of this NL East showdown with the Braves. Their lead over Atlanta has shrunk to 1 1/2 games, and the last thing you want is a series finale tomorrow in which the Nats have to win to avoid falling out of first place for the first time in two months.
So the pressure is on John Lannan tonight as he makes his first big-league start of the season. It's been a roller coaster year for the left-hander, but if there is one encouraging sign entering this game, here it is: In his career, Lannan is 8-5 with a 3.25 ERA against the Braves. He's got more wins and a lower ERA against Atlanta than any other division opponent.
Bryce Harper is not in the lineup for Game 2, his bruised left ankle still bothering him and preventing him from swinging the bat. We'll see if he's available off the bench.
Plenty more updates to come, so please check back…
ATLANTA BRAVES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS (Game 2)
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 188
Weather: Drizzle, 72 degrees, Wind 5 mph in from RF
LF Steve Lombardozzi
CF Roger Bernadina
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Michael Morse
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Is this a preview of Nats' Opening Day lineup?
- Rendon will begin season on DL with sprained MCL
- Frandsen released, Gwynn Jr. sent to minors
- Johnson, den Dekker adjust quickly to Nats
- Blevins' awkward 24 hours ends with K of Harper
- Werth crosses big hurdle in shoulder rehab
- Nats face Mets in final Viera game of the spring
- PHOTO: New Mets pitcher faces Nats one day after they traded him
- Rendon seeking 3rd opinion on injured knee
- Mark Zuckerman joins STL to talk about Nats' injury problems