Jul 21, 2012, 3:32 PM EST
The club also officially recalled left-hander John Lannan from Class AAA Syracuse, utilizing MLB’s newly created rule that allows teams to add a 26th player to their big-league roster for doubleheaders.
Nady had maximized his allotted time on rehab from a wrist strain; he went 1-for-3 last night at Potomac, ending his 12-game stint with a .158 average and one RBI.
The Nationals had to either put Nady back on the big-league roster or risk losing him altogether. They chose the latter.
A surprise member of the Nationals’ Opening Day roster, Nady hit .157 with three homers and six RBI in 40 big-league games this season.
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- PHOTOS: Harper hangs with Jordan, Jeter, Manning, RG3 & others
- Report: NL West team still talking to Phillies about Hamels
- Braves' Freeman: 'I think we’re going to surprise a lot of people'
- 2015 outlook: Miami Marlins
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Nate McLouth
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Kevin Frandsen
- Watch Werth arrive at jail in Fairfax to begin sentence
- Braves trade Hale, sign former Nats catcher
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Angels