Jul 21, 2012, 3:32 PM EDT
The club also officially recalled left-hander John Lannan from Class AAA Syracuse, utilizing MLB’s newly created rule that allows teams to add a 26th player to their big-league roster for doubleheaders.
Nady had maximized his allotted time on rehab from a wrist strain; he went 1-for-3 last night at Potomac, ending his 12-game stint with a .158 average and one RBI.
The Nationals had to either put Nady back on the big-league roster or risk losing him altogether. They chose the latter.
A surprise member of the Nationals’ Opening Day roster, Nady hit .157 with three homers and six RBI in 40 big-league games this season.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Embattled Desmond: "I'm gonna get through it"
- Span likely to make season debut Sunday
- Phillies 5, Nats 3: Desmond's woes open door for Phillies
- Nats waiting for MRI on Escobar's groin strain
- Zimmermann tries to lead Nats to 4th straight W
- Impressive Scherzer giving Nats lots of innings
- Nats 7, Phillies 2: Harper homers, Scherzer cruises
- Escobar leaves Nats game with strained groin
- Stammen on season-ending surgery: "Bring it on"
- Marlins catcher not happy after getting benched: 'Yeah I’m mad'