Jul 21, 2012, 3:32 PM EST
The club also officially recalled left-hander John Lannan from Class AAA Syracuse, utilizing MLB’s newly created rule that allows teams to add a 26th player to their big-league roster for doubleheaders.
Nady had maximized his allotted time on rehab from a wrist strain; he went 1-for-3 last night at Potomac, ending his 12-game stint with a .158 average and one RBI.
The Nationals had to either put Nady back on the big-league roster or risk losing him altogether. They chose the latter.
A surprise member of the Nationals’ Opening Day roster, Nady hit .157 with three homers and six RBI in 40 big-league games this season.
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: Wilmer Difo
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'