Jul 22, 2012, 8:29 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Ryan Zimmerman launched two more home runs to continue his torrid streak.
Game in a nutshell: Perhaps reinvigorated by last night's win in the second half of their doubleheader, the Nationals stormed out of the gates in the series finale, scoring four runs in the bottom of the first thanks to another Ryan Zimmerman homer and RBI hits from Danny Espinosa and Roger Bernadina. And unlike Friday night's debacle, they never took their foot off the gas pedal. Zimmerman added another homer. Espinosa added two more hits. Bernadina added two more hits. Sandy Leon added a bases-loaded double. And Ross Detwiler did a highly effective job pitching with a lead, working fast and holding the Braves to one earned run over seven innings. So just like that, the Nationals salvaged a series split and increased their lead over Atlanta to 3 1/2 games. Right back where they started on Friday.
Hitting highlight: What more can you say about Zimmerman? Well, we'll try to come up with more, because it feels like we highlight theRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Phillies may target Cabrera to replace Rollins
- Significant moment No. 10: Roark makes rotation
- USO tour was "life-changing" for Nats' Fister
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series