Jul 23, 2012, 10:39 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Corey Brown was hitting .300 with 21 homers and 58 RBI at Class AAA Syracuse.
NEW YORK — Ian Desmond’s placement on the disabled list has a domino effect throughout the Nationals’ lineup. Obviously, Danny Espinosa takes over at shortstop, with Steve Lombardozzi moving to second base.
But who takes the lineup spot Lombardozzi had been occupying for months? Enter Roger Bernadina.
The 28-year-old outfielder, who has bounced in and out of the Nationals’ lineup for three years, gets another shot at a regular gig. Manager Davey Johnson said today he hopes Bernadina can continue his recent hot streak at the plate — he’s 11 for his last 19, raising his batting average to .291 in the process — and will start in center field against right-handers.
Tyler Moore, meanwhile, will start in left field against left-handers, bumping Bryce Harper to center field and Michael Morse to right field.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres