Jul 23, 2012, 10:39 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Corey Brown was hitting .300 with 21 homers and 58 RBI at Class AAA Syracuse.
NEW YORK — Ian Desmond’s placement on the disabled list has a domino effect throughout the Nationals’ lineup. Obviously, Danny Espinosa takes over at shortstop, with Steve Lombardozzi moving to second base.
But who takes the lineup spot Lombardozzi had been occupying for months? Enter Roger Bernadina.
The 28-year-old outfielder, who has bounced in and out of the Nationals’ lineup for three years, gets another shot at a regular gig. Manager Davey Johnson said today he hopes Bernadina can continue his recent hot streak at the plate — he’s 11 for his last 19, raising his batting average to .291 in the process — and will start in center field against right-handers.
Tyler Moore, meanwhile, will start in left field against left-handers, bumping Bryce Harper to center field and Michael Morse to right field.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth could be out months after new test results on left wrist
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Al Galdi and Daniel Shiferaw
- Stars shine in Nats' 9th straight series win
- Harper, Scherzer power Nationals past Cubs
- Nats Stock Watch: Scherzer showing why he's the ace
- One more category Bryce Harper leads the NL in
- Some good, some really ugly in Nats loss
- Cubs' farm team trolls Nats, Wizards after walk-off win
- Around the NL East: Another week of drama for the Marlins
- Nationals lose tough one on walk-off vs. Cubs