Jul 23, 2012, 10:39 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Corey Brown was hitting .300 with 21 homers and 58 RBI at Class AAA Syracuse.
NEW YORK — Ian Desmond’s placement on the disabled list has a domino effect throughout the Nationals’ lineup. Obviously, Danny Espinosa takes over at shortstop, with Steve Lombardozzi moving to second base.
But who takes the lineup spot Lombardozzi had been occupying for months? Enter Roger Bernadina.
The 28-year-old outfielder, who has bounced in and out of the Nationals’ lineup for three years, gets another shot at a regular gig. Manager Davey Johnson said today he hopes Bernadina can continue his recent hot streak at the plate — he’s 11 for his last 19, raising his batting average to .291 in the process — and will start in center field against right-handers.
Tyler Moore, meanwhile, will start in left field against left-handers, bumping Bryce Harper to center field and Michael Morse to right field.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- How secure is struggling Jordan's rotation spot?
- Pujols gets 500th, Nats fall to Angels
- Pujols launches 500th homer at Nationals' expense
- Who is the Nats best 8th inning option?
- Fister pitches 3 innings, on track for May 7 return
- Nats Game Thread: No rest for Desmond
- Nationals recall Barrett, send Cedeno to AAA
- Clippard: "No one is going to feel sorry for me" (VIDEO)
- Desmond, Clippard unravel in eighth inning of Nats' loss
- Williams shows faith in Clippard despite struggles