Jul 24, 2012, 7:44 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Gio Gonzalez and R.A. Dickey square off again, this time at Citi Field.
NEW YORK — It's only been five days since Gio Gonzalez and R.A. Dickey last faced each other, a matchup that didn't quite live up to its billing. Gonzalez lasted a season-low 3 1/3 innings, giving up six runs. Gonzalez hasn't pitched up to his All-Star standards over the last month or so. The Nationals could certainly use a return to his peak form moving forward.
Dickey, meanwhile, hasn't lost any of his last 16 starts. He's 2-0 with a 1.84 ERA this season against the Nats, who like everyone else in the NL this season have had all kinds of trouble with the veteran knuckleballer.
Plenty of updates to come, so please check back often…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at NEW YORK METS
Where: Citi Field
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
Weather: Isolated storms, 70 degrees, Wind 15 mph LF to RF
2B Steve Lombardozzi
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sweep Giants behind Zimmermann, Ramos
- Two Giants ejected after arguing call vs. Nationals
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup
- Harper voted All-Star starter in record-breaking fashion
- Many unknowns in Strasburg's latest injury
- Strasburg placed on the 15-day DL with oblique strain
- For Nats, second half begins with high expectations
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury
- Harper on using patriotic bat on the Fourth: "Why not?"