Jul 26, 2012, 9:00 PM EST
US Presswire file photo
Miller Park hosts the Nationals for a four-game, weekend series.
The Nationals took on a reeling Mets team this week and dealt them something of a death blow during a three-game sweep. Now they get to face a Brewers club that has lost six in a row and is on the verge of a complete collapse itself. Fortuitous timing on the Nats' part.
Davey Johnson will hope this recent string of stellar starting pitching (1.32 ERA over the last six games) continues tonight with Edwin Jackson, who got this run going last weekend against the Braves. He'll face a potent Milwaukee lineup that leads the NL with 116 home runs.
No changes to Johnson's lineup. He's found a combination that works, so why start tinkering now? They'll go up against right-hander Yovani Gallardo, who is having a strong month (2.13 ERA in four July starts).
I'm not at Miller Park for this season, but please keep the conversation going in my stead as always…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MILWAUKEE BREWERS
Where: Miller Park
Gametime: 8:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv, MLB Network (outside D.C. market)
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 89
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 80 degrees, Wind 9 mph LF to RF
2B Steve Lombardozzi
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Non-tendered players could interest Nats
- Yankees, Ellsbury near $153M, 7-yr deal
- Fister "excited" about trade to Nationals
- Rizzo discusses Fister trade and more Nats news
- Hard not to like Fister trade for Nationals
- Nats re-sign Ohlendorf, tender contracts to 8 others
- Nats acquire Fister in 4-player trade with Tigers
- Pirates acquire catcher Chris Stewart from Yankees
- Nationals face non-tender deadline
- Washington Nationals minor league spotlight: Matt Purke