Jul 26, 2012, 9:00 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
Miller Park hosts the Nationals for a four-game, weekend series.
The Nationals took on a reeling Mets team this week and dealt them something of a death blow during a three-game sweep. Now they get to face a Brewers club that has lost six in a row and is on the verge of a complete collapse itself. Fortuitous timing on the Nats' part.
Davey Johnson will hope this recent string of stellar starting pitching (1.32 ERA over the last six games) continues tonight with Edwin Jackson, who got this run going last weekend against the Braves. He'll face a potent Milwaukee lineup that leads the NL with 116 home runs.
No changes to Johnson's lineup. He's found a combination that works, so why start tinkering now? They'll go up against right-hander Yovani Gallardo, who is having a strong month (2.13 ERA in four July starts).
I'm not at Miller Park for this season, but please keep the conversation going in my stead as always…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MILWAUKEE BREWERS
Where: Miller Park
Gametime: 8:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv, MLB Network (outside D.C. market)
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 89
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 80 degrees, Wind 9 mph LF to RF
2B Steve Lombardozzi
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Pitch, hit and run: Scherzer does it all in win
- Nats 2, Phillies 1: Harper homers, Scherzer dominates
- Roark will return to Nats' rotation with Fister out
- Scherzer tries to beat Phillies again
- Nats activate Janssen to make 2015 debut, send Solis to DL
- MLB Power Rankings: Marlins falling, Phillies rising
- Where the Nats stand at the quarter pole
- Mark Zuckerman gives his take on Harper, Williams ejections
- Harper stories from his college teammate, Chasen Shreve
- Scherzer on his start, chocolate sauce & Harper-Miggy