Jul 26, 2012, 9:00 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
Miller Park hosts the Nationals for a four-game, weekend series.
The Nationals took on a reeling Mets team this week and dealt them something of a death blow during a three-game sweep. Now they get to face a Brewers club that has lost six in a row and is on the verge of a complete collapse itself. Fortuitous timing on the Nats' part.
Davey Johnson will hope this recent string of stellar starting pitching (1.32 ERA over the last six games) continues tonight with Edwin Jackson, who got this run going last weekend against the Braves. He'll face a potent Milwaukee lineup that leads the NL with 116 home runs.
No changes to Johnson's lineup. He's found a combination that works, so why start tinkering now? They'll go up against right-hander Yovani Gallardo, who is having a strong month (2.13 ERA in four July starts).
I'm not at Miller Park for this season, but please keep the conversation going in my stead as always…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MILWAUKEE BREWERS
Where: Miller Park
Gametime: 8:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv, MLB Network (outside D.C. market)
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 89
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 80 degrees, Wind 9 mph LF to RF
2B Steve Lombardozzi
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals
- Nats activate Denard Span from 7-day DL, option Steven Souza, Jr.
- Zimmermann, Nats look for two in a row vs. Cardinals
- Drew Storen comes through in Nats' 3-1 win over Cardinals
- Nationals respond to Williams' challenge, beat Cards
- Nats strike early on Wacha, beat Cardinals 3-1
- Span to join Nats on Saturday after second rehab game
- Ramos takes first swings since breaking left hand
- Denard Span on track to return to Nats this weekend