Jul 27, 2012, 8:51 PM EST
US Presswire file photo
Ross Detwiler looks to pitch the Nats to another win at Miller Park tonight.
Enough gloating over the Nationals' record or latest accomplishment. There's another game to be played tonight as this first-place club tries to reach even loftier heights (not to mention a season-best, seven-game winning streak).
Ross Detwiler will be the man on the mound for the Nats, looking to continue his recent upswing. In five starts since rejoining the rotation, the left-hander has a 2.35 ERA (the Nats have won four of those starts). Rookie Sandy Leon is behind the plate for the fifth time in the last seven games as Davey Johnson tries to give Jesus Flores more time off.
In other roster news today, the Nationals have officially released Rick Ankiel. a procedural move that comes eight days after the veteran outfielder was designated for assignment.
As you know, I'm not in Milwaukee this weekend. Enjoy the game and the ongoing conversation here…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MILWAUKEE BREWERS
Where: Miller Park
Gametime: 8:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 188
Weather: Clear, 72 degrees, Wind 12 mph LF to RF
2B Steve Lombardozzi
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 2015 outlook: Kansas City Royals
- Werth pleads guilty to reckless driving, will serve jail time
- Williams to host Super Bowl party with Mark Wahlberg & Michael Bay
- Report: Rafael Soriano in talks with AL East club
- Marlins introduce Ichiro in Japan: 'His body says he’s 30 or less'
- Nats roster preview: Wilson Ramos
- Phillies adjust front office as Gillick becomes full-time team president
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- Nats sign veteran Janssen to bolster bullpen
- Nats roster preview: Ryan Zimmerman