Jul 27, 2012, 8:51 PM EST
US Presswire file photo
Ross Detwiler looks to pitch the Nats to another win at Miller Park tonight.
Enough gloating over the Nationals' record or latest accomplishment. There's another game to be played tonight as this first-place club tries to reach even loftier heights (not to mention a season-best, seven-game winning streak).
Ross Detwiler will be the man on the mound for the Nats, looking to continue his recent upswing. In five starts since rejoining the rotation, the left-hander has a 2.35 ERA (the Nats have won four of those starts). Rookie Sandy Leon is behind the plate for the fifth time in the last seven games as Davey Johnson tries to give Jesus Flores more time off.
In other roster news today, the Nationals have officially released Rick Ankiel. a procedural move that comes eight days after the veteran outfielder was designated for assignment.
As you know, I'm not in Milwaukee this weekend. Enjoy the game and the ongoing conversation here…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MILWAUKEE BREWERS
Where: Miller Park
Gametime: 8:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 188
Weather: Clear, 72 degrees, Wind 12 mph LF to RF
2B Steve Lombardozzi
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Zimmermann throws three scoreless in Nats' 3-2 loss
- Zimmermann squares off with Braves again
- 2014 Washington Nationals fantasy baseball preview
- Phillies Cole Hamels suffers setback, April looks doubtful
- Projecting Nats' roster midway through spring
- Nats introduce new 'Red Carpet Rewards' program
- Desmond hits 1 of Nationals' 4 homers in win
- Former Nats OF Rick Ankiel is retiring
- Podcast: Baseball in The District - Nats position battles
- Gonzalez, Werth make long-awaited spring debuts