Jul 27, 2012, 8:51 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
Ross Detwiler looks to pitch the Nats to another win at Miller Park tonight.
Enough gloating over the Nationals' record or latest accomplishment. There's another game to be played tonight as this first-place club tries to reach even loftier heights (not to mention a season-best, seven-game winning streak).
Ross Detwiler will be the man on the mound for the Nats, looking to continue his recent upswing. In five starts since rejoining the rotation, the left-hander has a 2.35 ERA (the Nats have won four of those starts). Rookie Sandy Leon is behind the plate for the fifth time in the last seven games as Davey Johnson tries to give Jesus Flores more time off.
In other roster news today, the Nationals have officially released Rick Ankiel. a procedural move that comes eight days after the veteran outfielder was designated for assignment.
As you know, I'm not in Milwaukee this weekend. Enjoy the game and the ongoing conversation here…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MILWAUKEE BREWERS
Where: Miller Park
Gametime: 8:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 188
Weather: Clear, 72 degrees, Wind 12 mph LF to RF
2B Steve Lombardozzi
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth could be out months after new test results on left wrist
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Al Galdi and Daniel Shiferaw
- Stars shine in Nats' 9th straight series win
- Harper, Scherzer power Nationals past Cubs
- Nats Stock Watch: Scherzer showing why he's the ace
- One more category Bryce Harper leads the NL in
- Some good, some really ugly in Nats loss
- Cubs' farm team trolls Nats, Wizards after walk-off win
- Around the NL East: Another week of drama for the Marlins
- Nationals lose tough one on walk-off vs. Cubs