Jul 28, 2012, 7:55 PM EST
US Presswire file photo
Miller Park hosts Wisconsin native Jordan Zimmermann tonight.
Jordan Zimmermann has made 69 starts in his big-league career in 20 different ballparks, none of them at Miller Park. That makes tonight's outing particularly special for Zimmermann, who grew up a short 3-hour drive to the northwest of Milwaukee in Auburndale, Wisc.
The right-hander just barely missed out on opportunities to pitch in his home state in the past: He was scheduled to start against the Brewers in 2009 right before he learned he needed Tommy John surgery. And he missed out by only one day last season, starting in Baltimore on May 22 right in advance of a three-game series in Milwaukee.
Zimmermann, of course, will be looking to keep his streak of six-inning starts intact. He's got at least that many innings in all 20 of his starts this season, a feat bested only by Justin Verlander.
With left-hander Randy Wolf on the mound for the Brewers, Davey Johnson goes with a slightly different lineup. Danny Espinosa leads off, with Steve Lombardozzi bumped all the way down to the 8-hole. Tyler Moore, meanwhile, gets a chance to start in left field, essentially taking Roger Bernadina's spot in the lineup.
As you know, I'm not on this leg of the road trip. Enjoy the game and the ongoing conversation here…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MILWAUKEE BREWERS
Where: Miller Park
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 89
Weather: Partly cloudy, 77 degrees, Wind 7 mph in from CF
SS Danny Espinosa
Bryce HarperCorey Brown
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Michael Morse
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- How big of a haul could the Nats get for trading Stephen Strasburg?
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Ian Desmond
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- PHOTO: Max Scherzer takes out full-page ad to thank Tigers fans
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Anthony Rendon
- Former Nats pitcher Ross Ohlendorf follows Detwiler to Rangers