Jul 29, 2012, 3:42 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
The Nationals look for a series victory this afternoon at Miller Park.
Bryce Harper has been battling a stomach virus for several days now, and it was bad enough to keep the rookie out of last night's game. He'll attempt to return to the Nationals' lineup for today's series finale at Miller Park, batting second behind Steve Lombardozzi and ahead of Ryan Zimmerman.
Gio Gonzalez gets the start for the Nats, seeking to become the first NL pitcher to reach 14 wins (only Tampa Bay's David Price has done it so far). The left-hander is coming off perhaps his best start of the season: zero earned runs, two hits in seven innings against the Mets.
A win today would catapult the Nationals to 21 games over .500 for the first time and secure a superb 5-1 road trip in advance of this week's homestand against the Phillies and Marlins.
I'm off again today, but I'll be back at the park Tuesday for the opener against Philadelphia and the trade deadline. In the meantime, enjoy today's game and discussion…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MILWAUKEE BREWERS
Where: Miller Park
Gametime: 2:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv, TBS (outside D.C. market)
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 188
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 81 degrees, Wind 9 mph in from RF
2B Steve Lombardozzi
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Pujols gets 500th, Nats fall to Angels
- Pujols launches 500th homer at Nationals' expense
- Who is the Nats best 8th inning option?
- Fister pitches 3 innings, on track for May 7 return
- Nats Game Thread: No rest for Desmond
- Nationals recall Barrett, send Cedeno to AAA
- Clippard: "No one is going to feel sorry for me" (VIDEO)
- Desmond, Clippard unravel in eighth inning of Nats' loss
- Williams shows faith in Clippard despite struggles
- Trout talk: How good is he? (VIDEO)