Jul 30, 2012, 9:02 PM EDT
Werth probably needs a few more days on his rehab assignment with Class AAA Syracuse, though the outfielder (who broke his left wrist on May 6) has begun to swing a hot bat. After going hitless in his first 12 at-bats, he enters tonight's game against Lehigh Valley having reached base in six of his last eight plate appearances with three singles, a double and two walks.
Werth has played seven total games on rehab, and both he and the Nationals prefer he spend a bit more time getting his timing down before he comes off the DL. That move could happen in time for this weekend's four-game series against the Marlins.
Tracy, meanwhile, is 6-for-9 with a homer and three RBI over the last three days with Syracuse. He's appeared in 11 total games withRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 4:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mariners will have familiar face as manager vs. Nats this weekend
- Nats extend deal with Auburn Doubledays of NYP League
- Baseball in the District - MLB radio's Casey Stern & Todd Dybas
- Reason to worry about Nats after 3-game sweep?
- Back-to-back struggles by Fister surprise Nats
- Phillies sweep red-hot Nationals
- LIVE THREAD: Nationals, Fister face Phillies on the road
- LaRoche confident back issue won't linger
- Can Doug Fister prevent Phillies from sweeping Nationals?
- The Nationals offense gets significantly quieter after blowout wins