Jul 30, 2012, 9:02 PM EDT
Werth probably needs a few more days on his rehab assignment with Class AAA Syracuse, though the outfielder (who broke his left wrist on May 6) has begun to swing a hot bat. After going hitless in his first 12 at-bats, he enters tonight's game against Lehigh Valley having reached base in six of his last eight plate appearances with three singles, a double and two walks.
Werth has played seven total games on rehab, and both he and the Nationals prefer he spend a bit more time getting his timing down before he comes off the DL. That move could happen in time for this weekend's four-game series against the Marlins.
Tracy, meanwhile, is 6-for-9 with a homer and three RBI over the last three days with Syracuse. He's appeared in 11 total games withRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Who should Nats' tab as Rendon's fill-in?
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Mark Zuckerman & Marc Carig
- Scherzer dominates Cardinals' "A" lineup
- Harper on criticism, hopes for 2015: 'I want to do damage'
- Marlins pitcher part of sports betting investigation
- Scherzer on mound as Nats face Cards
- Rendon unlikely for Opening Day after 2nd MRI
- Taking a crack at the Nats' Opening Day roster
- 3-time All-Star retires day after getting cut by Nats
- Braves, Marlins miss out on Cuban star Hector Olivera