Jul 31, 2012, 7:17 PM EST
Chad Tracy has been activated off the 15-day disabled list, a move that brings the most productive pinch-hitter in the majors back to the Nationals two months after he had sports hernia surgery.
To make room for Tracy on the 25-man roster, the Nationals optioned outfielder Corey Brown to Class AAA Syracuse.
Tracy, 32, hit .375 (13-for-37) with one homer and five RBI in 12 games on a rehab assignment with Syracuse and Class A Potomac, with eight hits over his last 13 at-bats.
Though he hasn’t played since late-May, Tracy still leads the majors with nine pinch-hit RBI this season.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals players excited to see pitching staff in action
- WATCH: Harper faces Strasburg for first time
- Werth hits off tee for first time since surgery
- Matt Harvey expected to make much-awaited return against Nats
- Ankiel starts new chapter as life skills coordinator
- Ian Desmond discusses team expectations and future with Nats
- Eventful BP for Harper, update on Werth in Tuesday's workout
- Desmond, Rendon like what they see from Zimmerman at 1B
- Scherzer to start exhibition opener vs. Mets
- Bryce Harper does a pretty epic videobomb on Anthony Rendon