Jul 31, 2012, 7:17 PM EST
Chad Tracy has been activated off the 15-day disabled list, a move that brings the most productive pinch-hitter in the majors back to the Nationals two months after he had sports hernia surgery.
To make room for Tracy on the 25-man roster, the Nationals optioned outfielder Corey Brown to Class AAA Syracuse.
Tracy, 32, hit .375 (13-for-37) with one homer and five RBI in 12 games on a rehab assignment with Syracuse and Class A Potomac, with eight hits over his last 13 at-bats.
Though he hasn’t played since late-May, Tracy still leads the majors with nine pinch-hit RBI this season.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Giolito & Turner, Nats' farm system ranked highly by Baseball America
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen