Jul 31, 2012, 7:17 PM EST
Chad Tracy has been activated off the 15-day disabled list, a move that brings the most productive pinch-hitter in the majors back to the Nationals two months after he had sports hernia surgery.
To make room for Tracy on the 25-man roster, the Nationals optioned outfielder Corey Brown to Class AAA Syracuse.
Tracy, 32, hit .375 (13-for-37) with one homer and five RBI in 12 games on a rehab assignment with Syracuse and Class A Potomac, with eight hits over his last 13 at-bats.
Though he hasn’t played since late-May, Tracy still leads the majors with nine pinch-hit RBI this season.
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Zimmermann throws three scoreless in Nats' 3-2 loss
- Zimmermann squares off with Braves again
- 2014 Washington Nationals fantasy baseball preview
- Phillies Cole Hamels suffers setback, April looks doubtful
- Projecting Nats' roster midway through spring
- Nats introduce new 'Red Carpet Rewards' program
- Desmond hits 1 of Nationals' 4 homers in win
- Former Nats OF Rick Ankiel is retiring
- Podcast: Baseball in The District - Nats position battles
- Gonzalez, Werth make long-awaited spring debuts