Jul 31, 2012, 7:17 PM EDT
Chad Tracy has been activated off the 15-day disabled list, a move that brings the most productive pinch-hitter in the majors back to the Nationals two months after he had sports hernia surgery.
To make room for Tracy on the 25-man roster, the Nationals optioned outfielder Corey Brown to Class AAA Syracuse.
Tracy, 32, hit .375 (13-for-37) with one homer and five RBI in 12 games on a rehab assignment with Syracuse and Class A Potomac, with eight hits over his last 13 at-bats.
Though he hasn’t played since late-May, Tracy still leads the majors with nine pinch-hit RBI this season.
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Span sits to rest sore back; other Nats injury notes
- Nats aim for 3rd straight series win against Padres
- Around the NL East: Will the Mets ever lose again?
- Double play on 3-0 pitch kills Nationals' rally
- Gonzalez turns in uneven outing, drops third straight
- Furious rally falls short as Nationals lose to Padres 6-5
- Ramos catches Gonzalez for 1st time in months
- Nats seek first 4-game win streak in 2 months
- Strasburg keeps leading the charge for Nats rotation
- Nats Stock Watch: Rendon rediscovering his power stroke