Jul 31, 2012, 7:17 PM EDT
Chad Tracy has been activated off the 15-day disabled list, a move that brings the most productive pinch-hitter in the majors back to the Nationals two months after he had sports hernia surgery.
To make room for Tracy on the 25-man roster, the Nationals optioned outfielder Corey Brown to Class AAA Syracuse.
Tracy, 32, hit .375 (13-for-37) with one homer and five RBI in 12 games on a rehab assignment with Syracuse and Class A Potomac, with eight hits over his last 13 at-bats.
Though he hasn’t played since late-May, Tracy still leads the majors with nine pinch-hit RBI this season.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg tries to lead Nats to 4th straight win
- Roark passes another test with save against Marlins
- A blast and a bloop keep red-hot Nats rolling
- Around the NL East: Are the Mets falling back to earth?
- Nats bats come alive late in 6-4 win over Marlins
- Reed Johnson has surgery, could be out a while
- Barrett seizing setup role but watching workload
- Janssen close to big step in rehab from shoulder tendinitis
- Rendon diagnosed with new injury, shut down by Nats doctors
- 'Baseball in the District' - Marlins' voice Glenn Geffner