Aug 1, 2012, 8:58 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Edwin Jackson faces Vance Worley tonight at Nationals Park.
Ryan Zimmerman insisted last night he would play tonight after missing one game with a tight back. Well, Zimmerman insists today he could play, but Davey Johnson didn't want to take any chances, so the Nationals third baseman is sidelined again.
On the bright side, Adam LaRoche is returning to the lineup after missing time with his own back issue. The first baseman will bat fifth, with Michael Morse directly in front of him and none other than Chad Tracy batting third and playing third base for the first-place Nats. Yep.
Edwin Jackson gets the start tonight against the Phillies, who send Vance Worley to the mound and will have the newly acquire Nate Schierholtz in right field and the recently promoted Domonic Brown in left field.
Lots of updates to come, so please check back throughout the evening…
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Scattered storms, 83 degrees, Wind 6 mph RF to LF
2B Steve Lombardozzi
RF Bryce Harper
3B Chad Tracy
LF Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Span will return to Nats, LaRoche & Soriano won't
- Trio of Nationals players become free agents
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent
- Braves hire new hitting coach away from Blue Jays