Aug 1, 2012, 8:58 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Edwin Jackson faces Vance Worley tonight at Nationals Park.
Ryan Zimmerman insisted last night he would play tonight after missing one game with a tight back. Well, Zimmerman insists today he could play, but Davey Johnson didn't want to take any chances, so the Nationals third baseman is sidelined again.
On the bright side, Adam LaRoche is returning to the lineup after missing time with his own back issue. The first baseman will bat fifth, with Michael Morse directly in front of him and none other than Chad Tracy batting third and playing third base for the first-place Nats. Yep.
Edwin Jackson gets the start tonight against the Phillies, who send Vance Worley to the mound and will have the newly acquire Nate Schierholtz in right field and the recently promoted Domonic Brown in left field.
Lots of updates to come, so please check back throughout the evening…
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Scattered storms, 83 degrees, Wind 6 mph RF to LF
2B Steve Lombardozzi
RF Bryce Harper
3B Chad Tracy
LF Michael Morse
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Dodgers sign former Phillies free agent bust
- Nats sign Tony Gwynn Jr. to minor-league deal
- Zimmerman getting used to working with fellow infielders at 1B
- Zimmermann ready for game action after live BP, including one hit batter
- Strasburg talks signing of Max Scherzer, rise of Nats as franchise
- Why the Nationals don't use the shift more
- Past failures fuel Barrett to bounce back
- Phillies lose to Division II baseball team in spring exhibition
- Live BP features Scherzer, broken bat, anthem
- Marlins ace Fernandez takes big step in Tommy John recovery