Aug 3, 2012, 5:03 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
John Lannan faces Brad Hand in the opener of tonight's doubleheader.
If there's a doubleheader to be played at Nationals Park, that must mean John Lannan is going to be on the mound. Sure enough, the left-hander has been recalled from Class AAA Syracuse to start the first game of tonight's twi-night twinbill, the extra 26th man on the roster for the day.
Lannan pitched a gem against the Braves two weeks ago to get the teetering Nationals back on track. He went back to Syracuse and made one start earlier this week, getting roughed up for six runs and 13 hits in 3 1/3 innings. Given the manner in which he went from pitching the most significant game of his career to pitching one of the least significant games of his life, nobody with the Nationals sounds the least bit concerned. Provided, of course, he pitches well today.
The Marlins, who have been completely blown up by GM Larry Beinfest in the last couple of weeks, have their own Class AAA call-up lefty starting this game: Brad Hand. They also have a lineup that boasts old pal Austin Kearns in the 5-hole.
A reminder for those of you planning to attend: One ticket gets you into both games. The nightcap will begin at 7:05 p.m., or 25 minutes after the conclusion of Game 1 (whichever is later).
Twice the updates to come, so please check back early and often…
MIAMI MARLINS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS (Game 1)
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 4:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Partly cloudy, 93 degrees, Wind 10 mph RF to LF
SS Danny Espinosa
2B Steve Lombardozzi
3B Ryan Zimmerman
CF Jayson Werth
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- David Price breaks Max Scherzer's record with contract
- With Zimmermann gone, what happens to Nats rotation?
- Jordan Zimmermann introduced by Detroit Tigers
- Report: Marlins could hire Barry Bonds to coaching staff
- Zimmermann agreed to a surprising contract with Detroit
- Report: Nats, Mets and Braves all chasing two-time All-Star
- Appreciating Jordan Zimmermann’s Nationals career
- PHOTOS: Zimmermann’s Nats career through the years
- Did Zimmermann sign with Tigers at a discount?
- Jordan Zimmermann signs free agent deal with Tigers