Aug 4, 2012, 12:00 AM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Gio Gonzalez goes up against Josh Johnson the nightcap of today's doublheader.
And we're back for the nightcap. Following a 7-4 victory in Game 1, the Nationals look to pull off a doubleheader sweep and improve to 22 games over .500 for the first time since the franchise arrived in D.C.
Bryce Harper and Michael Morse, who sat out the first game, are back in there for the nightcap. Jayson Werth, who reached base four times in the opener, will sit this one out to rest his healing wrist.
Gio Gonzalez gets the start, and after Davey Johnson had to use four relievers to close out the first game, the Nats could certainly use an effective and deep outing from the left-hander.
Plenty more updates to come from the ballpark, so please keep checking back…
MIAMI MARLINS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS (Game 2)
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 8:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 90 degrees, Wind 9 mph RF to LF
2B Steve Lombardozzi
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- How big of a haul could the Nats get for trading Stephen Strasburg?
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Ian Desmond
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- PHOTO: Max Scherzer takes out full-page ad to thank Tigers fans
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Anthony Rendon
- Former Nats pitcher Ross Ohlendorf follows Detwiler to Rangers