Aug 4, 2012, 12:00 AM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Gio Gonzalez goes up against Josh Johnson the nightcap of today's doublheader.
And we're back for the nightcap. Following a 7-4 victory in Game 1, the Nationals look to pull off a doubleheader sweep and improve to 22 games over .500 for the first time since the franchise arrived in D.C.
Bryce Harper and Michael Morse, who sat out the first game, are back in there for the nightcap. Jayson Werth, who reached base four times in the opener, will sit this one out to rest his healing wrist.
Gio Gonzalez gets the start, and after Davey Johnson had to use four relievers to close out the first game, the Nats could certainly use an effective and deep outing from the left-hander.
Plenty more updates to come from the ballpark, so please keep checking back…
MIAMI MARLINS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS (Game 2)
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 8:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 90 degrees, Wind 9 mph RF to LF
2B Steve Lombardozzi
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies could hire MLB's first female general manager
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game