Aug 4, 2012, 7:33 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Kurt Suzuki is expected to make his Nationals debut tonight against the Marlins.
It's a rare event when a major-league club starts three different catchers in two days, but such is life for the Nationals this weekend. After Jesus Flores and Sandy Leon caught yesterday's doubleheader, the newly acquired Kurt Suzuki is expected to make his debut behind the plate for tonight's game against the Marlins.
Suzuki will be catching the Nationals' most-consistent pitcher, Jordan Zimmermann, who is shooting for his 20th quality start in 22 tries and his 22nd consecutive start of at least six innings. Zimmermann's outing was pushed back a day because of right shoulder inflammation, but he threw his regular bullpen session on Thursday and said his arm felt great.
Mark Buehrle gets the nod for the Marlins, trying to duplicate his dominant start over the Nationals last month in Miami.
Check back for updates…
MIAMI MARLINS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Partly cloudy, 89 degrees, Wind 12 mph RF to LF
SS Danny Espinosa
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Royals edge Giants 3-2 for 2-1 World Series lead
- Nationals roster review: Kevin Frandsen
- Nats announce front office changes, including several promotions
- World Series shifts to San Francisco for Game 3
- Manager Joe Maddon opts out of contract with Rays
- Nationals roster review: Jose Lobaton
- Phillies CEO does not expect team to compete for a while
- Details announced for this offseason's NatsFest
- Nats' LaRoche and Span named Gold Glove finalists
- Braves name John Hart President of Baseball Operations