Aug 4, 2012, 7:33 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Kurt Suzuki is expected to make his Nationals debut tonight against the Marlins.
It's a rare event when a major-league club starts three different catchers in two days, but such is life for the Nationals this weekend. After Jesus Flores and Sandy Leon caught yesterday's doubleheader, the newly acquired Kurt Suzuki is expected to make his debut behind the plate for tonight's game against the Marlins.
Suzuki will be catching the Nationals' most-consistent pitcher, Jordan Zimmermann, who is shooting for his 20th quality start in 22 tries and his 22nd consecutive start of at least six innings. Zimmermann's outing was pushed back a day because of right shoulder inflammation, but he threw his regular bullpen session on Thursday and said his arm felt great.
Mark Buehrle gets the nod for the Marlins, trying to duplicate his dominant start over the Nationals last month in Miami.
Check back for updates…
MIAMI MARLINS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Partly cloudy, 89 degrees, Wind 12 mph RF to LF
SS Danny Espinosa
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'