Aug 5, 2012, 3:55 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg starts today's series finale at Nationals Park.
After last night's emotional and rousing comeback victory, the Nationals look to keep the good vibes going today in their series finale against the Marlins.
They'll have Stephen Strasburg on the mound, but the question is which Stephen Strasburg they'll get today. Is it the fastball-pumping ace who dissected the Mets lineup 11 days ago, or the tentative and inconsistent pitcher who got torched for a career-high six runs by the Phillies five nights ago?
Strasburg will have a familiar face behind the plate in Jesus Flores. Davey Johnson didn't want to burn out Kurt Suzuki already by asking him to catch a day after a night game, but I suspect we'll start seeing the veteran make back-to-back (or even three consecutive) starts during this week's road trip.
Updates to come…
MIAMI MARLINS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:35 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, Ch. 50, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 187
Weather: Partly cloudy, 91 degrees, Wind 14 mph out to CF
2B Steve Lombardozzi
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Nats to interview former manager of year for open job
- Report: Former Nats player to interview for open manager job
- Mets, Cubs aim to clinch NLCS berths as playoffs continue
- Report: Nats interviewed former All-Star for manager position
- Nationals roster review: Michael Taylor
- Trio of Nats coaches will remain in organization
- MLB Playoffs continue with 4 Division Series games
- Roster review: Bryce Harper
- Important offseason dates to consider for the Nationals
- Ripken on Nats manager job: 'I'd answer the phone'