Aug 7, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Associated Press photo
Roger Bernadina scored on a disastrous play by the Astros in the 11th.
Imagine waking up this morning without having watched the Nationals defeat the Astros 5-4 in 11 innings last night and trying to decipher how the winning run scored simply by reading the official play-by-play account:
"Suzuki reached on bunt single to first, Bernadina to second. Bernadina to third, Suzuki to second on Pearce throwing error. Bernadina scored, Suzuki to third on Bogusevic throwing error."
And that description didn't even include the part where Matt Downs nearly dove into two teammates (who had just collided) for no logical reason.
Ladies and gentlemen: Your 2012 Houston Astros!
Words can't fully capture the absurdity of the moment. It really needs to be watched to be fully appreciated. Suffice it to say, even the Bad News Bears would have been embarrassed to botch one play in suchRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Deconstructing the Nationals' game-winning rally
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats
- Gio, Nationals try to avoid getting swept by Angels
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper has rough week
- How secure is struggling Jordan's rotation spot?
- Pujols gets 500th, Nats fall to Angels