Aug 7, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
Associated Press photo
Roger Bernadina scored on a disastrous play by the Astros in the 11th.
Imagine waking up this morning without having watched the Nationals defeat the Astros 5-4 in 11 innings last night and trying to decipher how the winning run scored simply by reading the official play-by-play account:
"Suzuki reached on bunt single to first, Bernadina to second. Bernadina to third, Suzuki to second on Pearce throwing error. Bernadina scored, Suzuki to third on Bogusevic throwing error."
And that description didn't even include the part where Matt Downs nearly dove into two teammates (who had just collided) for no logical reason.
Ladies and gentlemen: Your 2012 Houston Astros!
Words can't fully capture the absurdity of the moment. It really needs to be watched to be fully appreciated. Suffice it to say, even the Bad News Bears would have been embarrassed to botch one play in suchRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett