Aug 7, 2012, 9:00 PM EST
US Presswire file photo
Ross Detwiler starts tonight's game at Minute Maid Park.
It got lost amid the chaos of the final innings of last night's victory, but Jayson Werth departed early after complaining of tired legs. It's a concern he's had all along as he returns from a broken wrist, and on Sunday he noted that "my legs are still a little behind, but everything else feels good." Well, apparently the issue is significant enough that Werth isn't starting tonight's game in Houston. Roger Bernadina will now start in center field, with Bryce Harper in right field.
Meanwhile, Cesar Izturis will be in uniform and available to make his Nationals debut, one day after the veteran infielder was claimed off waivers from the Brewers. He'll come off the bench, as will Kurt Suzuki, who after catching all 11 innings last night is replaced by Jesus Flores for this game.
Ross Detwiler gets the nod, looking to build off one of the best starts of his career when he tossed seven scoreless innings against the Phillies. Right-hander Jordan Lyles starts for the Astros, who have now lost 31 of their last 35 games.
As you know, I'm not in Houston for this series. Please enjoy the conversation as always…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at HOUSTON ASTROS
Where: Minute Maid Park
Gametime: 8:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 186
Weather: Partly cloudy, 90 degrees, Wind 9 mph out to CF
2B Steve Lombardozzi
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Does Saltalamacchia show the Marlins are serious for 2014?
- VIDEO: Analysis of Fister trade
- Non-tendered players could interest Nats
- Yankees, Ellsbury near $153M, 7-yr deal
- Fister "excited" about trade to Nationals
- Rizzo discusses Fister trade and more Nats news
- Hard not to like Fister trade for Nationals
- Nats re-sign Ohlendorf, tender contracts to 8 others
- Nats acquire Fister in 4-player trade with Tigers
- Pirates acquire catcher Chris Stewart from Yankees