Aug 7, 2012, 9:00 PM EST
US Presswire file photo
Ross Detwiler starts tonight's game at Minute Maid Park.
It got lost amid the chaos of the final innings of last night's victory, but Jayson Werth departed early after complaining of tired legs. It's a concern he's had all along as he returns from a broken wrist, and on Sunday he noted that "my legs are still a little behind, but everything else feels good." Well, apparently the issue is significant enough that Werth isn't starting tonight's game in Houston. Roger Bernadina will now start in center field, with Bryce Harper in right field.
Meanwhile, Cesar Izturis will be in uniform and available to make his Nationals debut, one day after the veteran infielder was claimed off waivers from the Brewers. He'll come off the bench, as will Kurt Suzuki, who after catching all 11 innings last night is replaced by Jesus Flores for this game.
Ross Detwiler gets the nod, looking to build off one of the best starts of his career when he tossed seven scoreless innings against the Phillies. Right-hander Jordan Lyles starts for the Astros, who have now lost 31 of their last 35 games.
As you know, I'm not in Houston for this series. Please enjoy the conversation as always…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at HOUSTON ASTROS
Where: Minute Maid Park
Gametime: 8:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 186
Weather: Partly cloudy, 90 degrees, Wind 9 mph out to CF
2B Steve Lombardozzi
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Phillies may target Cabrera to replace Rollins
- USO tour was "life-changing" for Nats' Fister
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats