Aug 9, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
Jordan Zimmermann tries to pitch the Nats to a sweep at Minute Maid Park.
It hasn't come as easy as they would have liked, but the Nationals have done just enough to win the first three games of this series in Houston and put themselves in position for a four-game sweep tonight. Really, you can't ask for anything more than that.
Jordan Zimmermann gets the ball for the finale at Minute Maid Park, hoping to create a new streak of six-inning starts after he went only five last week for the first time this season. He'll be opposed by Lucas Harrell, a pretty good right-hander who has a chance to earn his 10th win tonight — fairly impressive considering the team he plays for has only won 36 total games in 2012.
After a rough game last night that included a couple of confrontations with plate umpire Angel Hernandez and an ill-advised throw from center field in the bottom of the ninth, Bryce Harper is not expected to be in the Nationals' lineup. Probably a good time for the 19-year-old to take a physical and mental break.
I'm not in Houston, but I am en route to Phoenix as we speak for this weekend's series against the Diamondbacks. Enjoy tonight's game and the conversation…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at HOUSTON ASTROS
Where: Minute Maid Park
Gametime: 8:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
2B Steve Lombardozzi
CF Roger Bernadina
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Troy Tulowitzki traded to AL East team in blockbuster deal
- Where will Nationals get their relief from?
- Werth officially set to return from DL vs. Miami
- Nats' NL East rival trades for former fan favorite Clippard
- State of the Nats: Thinking big before the trade deadline?
- Strasburg to take big step in rehab on Wednesday
- Report: Padres wanted ex-prospect back from Nats in Kimbrel trade
- The Baseball Show: A rough start to the second half
- Brutal stretch for Nats has end in sight; Taylor's heating up
- Cole pitches Pirates past Nationals 3-1