Aug 12, 2012, 5:52 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Ross Detwiler tries to pitch the Nats to their ninth straight win today.
PHOENIX — In their eight-year history, the Nationals own one winning streak of more than eight games: the 10-game run in June 2005 that catapulted that surprise team into first place. Today, a 2012 Nationals club far more talented that than inaugural group has a chance to win its ninth straight game and challenge the team record tomorrow night in San Francisco.
Ross Detwiler will be on the mound for this one, looking to continue his strong run since rejoining the rotation nearly two months ago (he's 2-1 with a 2.55 ERA in eight starts). He'll be opposed by fellow left-hander Patrick Corbin, a rookie making his eighth career start in the big leagues.
Jayson Werth is not in the Nationals' lineup this afternoon. Honestly, that's not a huge surprise because he looked a bit tired after patrolling the spacious center field here at Chase Field last night. So Bryce Harper is back in center, with Tyler Moore in left and Michael Morse in right.
Lots of updates to come, so please check back…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS
Where: Chase Field
Gametime: 4:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
SS Danny Espinosa
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Michael Morse
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- Nats sign veteran Janssen to bolster bullpen
- Nats roster preview: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bryce Harper has tickets to the Super Bowl
- 2015 outlook: Detroit Tigers
- MLB's Manfred: Montreal has helped case for return of baseball
- Nats roster preview: Yunel Escobar
- Final thoughts on the Max Scherzer signing
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies