Aug 12, 2012, 5:52 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Ross Detwiler tries to pitch the Nats to their ninth straight win today.
PHOENIX — In their eight-year history, the Nationals own one winning streak of more than eight games: the 10-game run in June 2005 that catapulted that surprise team into first place. Today, a 2012 Nationals club far more talented that than inaugural group has a chance to win its ninth straight game and challenge the team record tomorrow night in San Francisco.
Ross Detwiler will be on the mound for this one, looking to continue his strong run since rejoining the rotation nearly two months ago (he's 2-1 with a 2.55 ERA in eight starts). He'll be opposed by fellow left-hander Patrick Corbin, a rookie making his eighth career start in the big leagues.
Jayson Werth is not in the Nationals' lineup this afternoon. Honestly, that's not a huge surprise because he looked a bit tired after patrolling the spacious center field here at Chase Field last night. So Bryce Harper is back in center, with Tyler Moore in left and Michael Morse in right.
Lots of updates to come, so please check back…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS
Where: Chase Field
Gametime: 4:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
SS Danny Espinosa
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Michael Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Rockies, 8:40 p.m.
WED: Nats at Rockies, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Cliff Lee, A.J. Burnett also wouldn't mind being traded to the Nats
- Healthy Nationals lineup has become NL's best
- Around the NL East: Are the Phillies on the verge of a fire sale?
- Ian Desmond notches five hits, Nats rock Colorado
- Harper sits, Zimmerman in left as Nats face Rockies
- NL East: Lee and Cishek drawing interest on trade market
- Dan Uggla signs with the San Francisco Giants
- Nats fan sports 'Curly W' beard (PHOTO)
- State of the Nats: 9-game road trip begins Monday
- Resurgent Zimmerman leads Nats' potent lineup